Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Users of ATI X-series! Look here for DEMO fix
Lasse. Offline

Threads: 0
Solved: 8 Years, 3 Weeks ago RE: Users of ATI X-series! Look here for DEMO fix

(09-21-2010, 07:45 AM)Tzajof Wrote: Awesome! Where I used to get the slowest framerate imaginable in the demo (think a frame every 1-2 seconds), I now get something quite reasonable that appears (so far) to be working fully. Smile

Shame it still doesn't run all too fast on my machine, but hey, this is certainly much better than before.

Radeon X550 on Windows 7.

EDIT: Actually, there does seem to be at least one problem. I'm not quite sure how to describe it, but the lighting flickers a LOT and isn't consistent. At first I thought it was normal light flicker from the candles, but then I found that the lighting actually changed as I moved around or turned my head, and would stop changing if I stood still. For example, if I stood in the right spot, the starting hallway would go really dark and not even the light from the windows onto the ground would appear. I took a quick look at a video of the demo and I'm fairly sure this isn't supposed to be happening. Tongue
Do you have the latest driver for your card? AFAIK Catalyst 9.3 is the last driver that supports your card. If you don't have it, you could try updating http://www.guru3d.com/news/download-ati-...vistawin7/

Just scroll down to find the dl-links. Also, it's recommended to remove old drivers first, reboot, then install new ones and reboot again.

Smile
09-21-2010, 08:48 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Users of ATI X-series! Look here for DEMO fix - by Lasse. - 09-21-2010, 08:48 AM