Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Users of ATI X-series! Look here for DEMO fix
AmesGames Offline

Threads: 0
Solved: 8 Years, 3 Weeks ago RE: Users of ATI X-series! Look here for DEMO fix

Hey Thomas, I have an X850 XT and this is what happens when I try to run this game:

First time I ran it, the menu came up just fine but when I started a new game, the very first frame of the game rendered and the voice over began. The voice over ran fine, no hiccups in the audio, but the video was screwed. The game would only render basically 1 frame a second (this was on medium settings). Making it entirely unplayable obviously.

Second time I ran the game, I turned all video options to their lowest possible settings, and turned off every special effect. Then I started a new game, the game proceeded to render properly, and the introduction sequence finished correctly. I could move the mouse around and look at the blood splatters on the floor and the walls of room, etc. It all ran smoothly as expected on minimal settings. However, as soon as I pushed the "J" key to see my journal, the game completely locked up! It didn't even display the journal at all. Just locked up solid... Sad

Here are my rig specs:

Windows XP Pro SP2
Direct X 9C (latest version June 2010)
Pentium 4 Prescott 3Ghz
2 Gigs of RAM
Soundblaster Audigy Soundcard

I also have the newest version of the ATI X850 XT drivers installed, and the newest Open AL.

For the rec all the Penumbra games ran just fine, I guess that is irrelevant if Amnesia uses a new engine. All I can figure is you're using some shaders that don't jive with the ATI X series framework...?

Anyway, long live Frictional. Heart
09-21-2010, 09:53 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Users of ATI X-series! Look here for DEMO fix - by AmesGames - 09-21-2010, 09:53 PM