Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tying your own narration to a diary entry
Vradcly Offline

Threads: 6
RE: Tying your own narration to a diary entry

Has anyone solved this problem?
Am currently working to get some diary's working with my own voice acting....Have tried all of the above and have tried to use the default name of everything originally in the game only that I changed the file to my voice file...did not work, please let me know if you get it to work Smile. Ill let you guys know when I figure it out....
I think I have it figured out, but it is fragile, even the smallest adjustment could make it not work again^^.

1. I got it to work when I in the english.lang file for amnesia (not the custom story .lang file) added a copy of a diary piece of code and changed the CH(apter) number to something that was not originally in the game (I used 45+), like this (around line 140 in the english.lang file): <Entry Name="Diary_CH01L45_Daniel_Name1">HEADLINE</Entry>
<Entry Name="Diary_CH01L45_Daniel_Text1">[voice Diary_CH01L45_Daniel0101_01.ogg][br]Page1 text[br][voice Diary_CH01L45_Daniel0101_02.ogg][br]page2 text</Entry>

It seems [br] is needed at the places as above or else the text did not show (no idea why yet, and maybe its just for me?).

2. I named my voice files Diary_CH01L45_Daniel0101_01.ogg and Diary_CH01L45_Daniel0101_02.ogg and placed them in lang\eng\voices\diaries

3. As for the entity I used diary_paper01 and let it all be as default, and put CH01L45_Daniel in the DiaryText field.

It can probably be done more beautifully (and without having to change the games original files), but there is at least something that works Smile.
(This post was last modified: 02-16-2011, 02:32 PM by Vradcly.)
02-16-2011, 01:46 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tying your own narration to a diary entry - by Vradcly - 02-16-2011, 01:46 PM