Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: What combination is the way to go?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
English text + English voice
30.77%
4 30.77%
English text + Norwegian voice
69.23%
9 69.23%
Norwegian text + Norwegian voice
0%
0 0%
Total 13 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any interest in custom story with foreign language narration? + approach
graykin Offline

Threads: 12
RE: Any interest in custom story with foreign language narration? + approach

I remember playing a mod for Half-Life 2 called "Ravenholm," where the developers were from the Czech Republic. All of the narration was in Czech, but it included English subtitles (the translations contained many spelling and grammatical errors, but was very much understandable).

Of course, modding for Half-Life is entirely different from modding for Amnesia. In Half-Life, the main mechanic revolves around shooting things, and can be enjoyed universally, whereas Amnesia is mainly about the storytelling (and horror), and the communicating of ideas to the player. If the player can't understand you, then he can't have as much fun with it.

In my opinion, you should do whatever you see fit. If doing narration in Norwegian is easier for you to get your ideas across, then go for it. If you feel that doing narration in English will expand your target audience, at the cost of dulling the imagery and meaning of your words, then that should be entirely your decision.

I voted Norwegian voice with English subtitles, because I personally would like to be able to enjoy your mod, but you should do whatever is reasonable to you.
09-30-2010, 12:30 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Any interest in custom story with foreign language narration? + approach - by graykin - 09-30-2010, 12:30 AM