The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Amnesia for Science. Stress testing
mattwestwick Offline

Threads: 6
Amnesia for Science. Stress testing

-Update: The great folks at frictional are on board with the idea. Now I have free reign to thoroughly scare people witless in the name of science. I will make sure my progress is updated regularly.-

Hi folks I'm new here but let me say I was hooked on the demo for dark descent after playing it this week and looking back through some of the game's development.

I am currently starting my final year project in electronics. The project is about measuring stress levels through a pc. I can't go into much more detail as the design and hardware will be patented if successful.

I feel that this game would be ideal for generating acute levels of stress in test subjects and would match the hardware perfectly.

The meaning of the project is to monitor more prolonged stress while using a pc but for the testing stage I need something that will provide rapid fluctuations in areas like blood oxygen, temperature and body movement.

So basically what I'm looking for is permission from frictional to use their game in my project and of course use it as reference in any research that may be published.

One last thought. Would it be possible to obtain a physical copy of the game?
I could get it from steam although linking this up with different computers could be an issue.

Any other support or thoughts from the company or forums would be much appreciated and naturally I will post back on my progress. If you want to get in direct contact you can send a pm and I'll send my email address.

Regards,
Matt
10-14-2010, 04:59 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Amnesia for Science. Stress testing - by mattwestwick - 10-14-2010, 04:59 PM
RE: Amnesia for Science. Stress testing - by NGW - 10-15-2010, 03:36 AM
RE: Amnesia for Science. Stress testing - by Bek - 02-10-2011, 08:49 AM
RE: Amnesia for Science. Stress testing - by Bek - 02-12-2011, 09:31 AM