Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Amnesia for Science. Stress testing
mattwestwick Offline

Threads: 6
RE: Amnesia for Science. Stress testing

Well there's two aspects to the study.

One is for more "serious" uses such as monitoring stress in the workplace. This will involve testing a group of people with both a boring, monotonous test similar to sitting in the office all day. And it will also include a high-tension test to mimic say, a big deadline coming up or a really difficult and nerve-racking task. The results from these should be about opposite and will be analysed to indicate varying stress levels in computer based work.

It's already known that stress affects physiological responses like temperature and heart rate but the point of my project is that I have designed a more convenient and discrete way of measuring these while you work.

At the same time however, I need to calibrate the device with something that will give extreme results. So guess where Amnesia comes in.

As well as a health monitoring system I think it could work great for more novel purposes such as within games or toys. Much like nintendo was attempting with this thingy http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wii_Remote#...ity_Sensor
and then ubisoft with their "innergy".

Just think of the mean things you could do to a player if you knew their heart rate was slowly relaxing.

BOOF!! Duh-Du Duh-Du Duh-Du

This is where the two products I mentioned failed. They were designed to relax the user.
Anyway I hope this was informative I need to hasten to the laboratory now, but don't get excited it's not that cool in there and it tends to smell of B.O.
02-10-2011, 11:35 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Amnesia for Science. Stress testing - by NGW - 10-15-2010, 03:36 AM
RE: Amnesia for Science. Stress testing - by Bek - 02-10-2011, 08:49 AM
RE: Amnesia for Science. Stress testing - by mattwestwick - 02-10-2011, 11:35 AM
RE: Amnesia for Science. Stress testing - by Bek - 02-12-2011, 09:31 AM