Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Can a horror movie emulate the sense of dread from this game?
Lenny Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Can a horror movie emulate the sense of dread from this game?

I think that depends on the person watching the movie and that person's willingness to try to immerse himself in the movie.

Event Horizon certainly made me feel uncomfortable the first time I watched it too, its actally one of my favorite movies.

I think Alien, Aliens, The Thing and the original Omen are pretty good examples of movies that can be very creepy if you immerse yourself.

Also I used to find the movie Sphere pretty creepy when watched alone.

As for lesser known movies I could suggest Phantoms, Below and The Broken. All of those build on atmosphere although they do get more graphic in the end.

The also found the recent Pandorum to be a great space-horror movie. Not the worlds best combat scenes, granted, but the tragedy of the story and psychological aspects did it for me. The movie also has some very obvious simularities with Amnesia - The Dark Decent.
10-18-2010, 01:33 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can a horror movie emulate the sense of dread from this game? - by Lenny - 10-18-2010, 01:33 AM