Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thought experiment regarding the endgame
CrashHeadroom Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Thought experiment regarding the endgame

Ever thought that the reason Simon doesn't get his fate is due to copy degredation? I mean by the ARK thats his 3rd clone (or rather his 4th time being copied when he gets on the ARK). Had to have had some side affects, got me wondering if thats the reason he sounds so...flat by the time of the climber.

I've also been thinking as to why Simon's not quite the brightest crayon in the packet either. Something I noticed on the ARK survey form when it asks you about A.I. entities...how they will always have a child-like mentality and can't really grow past that point. Food for thought ya know ^^

Also one last thing... Simon has a picture of himself walking and standing at a beach in his apartment...the W.A.U.'s first "glitch" was remarked upon to be a dream of someone walking over a beach and it looks like a males foot. They remark upon it being like a memory that W.A.U.'s replaying over and over to try to figure out when it happened. THEN take in to account, the vid-memory that pops up is before imogen gets scanned, she is the only other person in the game who walks on a beach. Bit weird having both the "mind" and "body" of your lead character have that little bit of back story no?

...well what if Simon's template was used in the W.A.U.'s creation and what if that was the reason the W.A.U. chose imogen's body? It's remarked upon twice during the game "are memory copies used in making A.I."...both times Catherine says no and then changes the subject rather quickly.

Think about this one, as the world is about to die and a race of people have asked a computer to define them...
08-04-2016, 02:58 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Thought experiment regarding the endgame - by CrashHeadroom - 08-04-2016, 02:58 PM