Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Amnesia 6th anniversary community project (?)
Spelos Away
Banned

Threads: 19
RE: Amnesia 6th anniversary community project (?)

(08-12-2016, 04:43 PM)Slanderous Wrote: I can imagine having the HUB level with various doors leading to different user re-created levels, like you point over a level door and it says "Archives remake by Slanderous", but next to it stands another door that says "Archives remake by Spelos". That way, everyone can edit whatever they please without worrying about fusing the levels together later on.

Exactly, if we wanted to be super fancy, we could accompany it with the user's avatar or some kind of visual label they choose, since it's not a problem to create a textured plane.

Also, if a user decides to create a custom content, the same naming structure would apply, since there is a possibility of two people naming the same custom object or even importing the same one. So if someone has a custom entity, they can either:
- Create a subdirectory with their name in the entities folder
Amnesia/custom_stories/anniversary_compilation/entities/Spelos/..[my entities here]

or add their name into the entity's prefix (or suffix).

I'm actually starting to like the idea of us recreating the maps we like.
It doesn't force anyone to do anything they don't like.
It doesn't enforce a theme. I mean you can make it humorous or super dark if you want.
And it also doesn't force anyone to come up with a story.

But I'm still very open to ANY idea anyone might have. Even if it's super stupid! It's a community project.
(This post was last modified: 08-12-2016, 04:57 PM by Spelos.)
08-12-2016, 04:55 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Amnesia 6th anniversary community project (?) - by Spelos - 08-12-2016, 04:55 PM