Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Some personal thoughts on piracy (warning - long post)
Spooder Wekd Offline

Threads: 10
RE: Some personal thoughts on piracy (warning - long post)

(11-05-2010, 04:32 PM)Tottel Wrote: He said he would delete it if he didn't like it, not if he likes it. If he does, he will buy it eventually.

@Scraper: "testing" a candybar before buying it would destroy something that could have been sold to another person. In this condition it cannot be sold, so it's a loss.
Pirating a game before buying it however, results in no profit-loss for a company at all (if you buy it afterwards). If you download a pirated version and you don't like it and uninstall before even completing it, then it would be like a game demo.
In either way, your comparison is false.

Think of it this way. You write a book. I steal it and make a copy for myself and then return it. You don't lose anything and the book is still in a condition in which it can be sold. I tell you "hey pal, ill pay you if its good! if not then ill just mildly enjoy it and throw it out eventually" now according to our OP i can read the book TWICE and then some time down the line which could be years from now, i may decide to finally pay for it. It will probably only be a fraction of the price it was when i originally downloaded it but whatever! I can say I have a clear conscience! OR I can read it, decide its not worth my money and then just chuck it in the trash and move on to the next theft. There is no way to justify it!
11-05-2010, 04:50 PM
Website Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Some personal thoughts on piracy (warning - long post) - by Spooder Wekd - 11-05-2010, 04:50 PM