Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Some personal thoughts on piracy (warning - long post)
BeefJerky Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Some personal thoughts on piracy (warning - long post)

(11-05-2010, 05:03 PM)Scraper Wrote: If you have payed for the game before playing it (even the most minimum price) and it does not work the way it supposed to, I don't see problem with that.

Good. Then you won't mind if I test out your game first, too.

Developers did this to themselves when they started releasing half-finished, unplayable garbage and threw it up on the shelf at EB for $60.

"B-b-but you can play the demo!" No, you can't. Do you ever see a businessman try to sell ERP software by bringing the full package and allowing the customer to operate it? No. He gives a presentation that he controls and rehearsed beforehand to carefully avoid all the bugs that will blow up in front of the client.

Did you people forget the last 2 decades of the history of game developers? I can go online right now in a game I pay $15 a month for and show you at least three bugs that crash the game to desktop that have been there for over a month. Hell, just look at New Vegas. It's pathetic.

Sorry, developers don't get to throw the Jesus flag down on this one. It doesn't justify downloading and playing the full game, but it does justify taking a sneak peek past only what you want me to see in your demo.
11-05-2010, 05:23 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Some personal thoughts on piracy (warning - long post) - by BeefJerky - 11-05-2010, 05:23 PM