Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Some personal thoughts on piracy (warning - long post)
BeefJerky Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Some personal thoughts on piracy (warning - long post)

Well have you played New Vegas? It is FANTASTIC by any gamers standards! I encountered one bug in the entirety of the game. ONE. Yes there are many others but the game is well worth the price of admission. Pointing out one buggy game is not enough to justify stealing every game (not implying that you do) I think that the game was actually scored too low for the amount of playtime and quality gameplay and story. If you feel otherwise, that's fine. But ask most people and you will see that New Vegas is great.
[/quote]

Well, we're going to have to agree to disagree. I say if the product needs a day 1 patch and bimonthly patches afterward it should never have been released in the first place. If I spend 5 hours playing and have to install a patch and start over again, that's not very friendly now is it? 8.3 for a bug-filled mess at release? That's ridiculous.

But anyway, besides making the case that piracy is not always done with malice, what I'm getting at here is that indie developers with larger aspirations should learn from these mistakes. It's unfortunate that the sins of the larger developers make indie development the hell that it is, but most people today don't really care if you're a small dev house, so it's even more vital that companies like Frictional always put their best foot forward.
11-05-2010, 07:40 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Some personal thoughts on piracy (warning - long post) - by BeefJerky - 11-05-2010, 07:40 PM