Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Some personal thoughts on piracy (warning - long post)
hollowleviathan Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 2
RE: Some personal thoughts on piracy (warning - long post)

(11-05-2010, 05:03 PM)Scraper Wrote: If you have payed for the game before playing it (even the most minimum price) and it does not work the way it supposed to, I don't see problem with that.
That sounds like a familiar argument I made recently, Scraper...

(11-05-2010, 05:53 PM)Scraper Wrote: In case you wonder why I edited your post:
I edited my previous post so I updated yours with now correct quote.
That's cheating! Also it may give the wrong perspective to what he was responding. I'd say just let your updated post speak for itself.

It's still possible to get refunds on games. I paid $60 for Starcraft II directly from Blizzard, played through the whole single player, thought it was a crappy story and not nearly worth 60 bucks, and called their billing and returned it for a full refund. (Only game I've returned ever). Seems kind of like I got the same experience a pirate did, but legally.

The immediate problem with FO3:NV and New Vegas-esque situations is the internet. Companies can now patch and update even console games now after release. So they make excuses and say they will, eventually. Back when release was it, (besides games being much simpler and easier to debug) they had to work or it was a disaster. The eventual problem is the monolithic nature of the game data. As soon as they stop making patches, the game doesn't get fixed. See also: Dark Messiah Might & Magic. Yet games that allow the fans to patch and update, are now working much much better than otherwise, like Vampire: The Masquerade: Bloodlines.
11-05-2010, 07:51 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Some personal thoughts on piracy (warning - long post) - by hollowleviathan - 11-05-2010, 07:51 PM