Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Some personal thoughts on piracy (warning - long post)
hollowleviathan Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 2
RE: Some personal thoughts on piracy (warning - long post)

(11-05-2010, 09:35 PM)Nospheratu Wrote: I did not pirate this game myself (If i did, I would admit it) - I got it from a friend who pirated it
You made a full copy of a game your friend had, or were given his pirated copy? Come on, you have to know that's still piracy.

(11-05-2010, 09:35 PM)Nospheratu Wrote: Also for instance: CD prices of "Queen" today are much higher than they were when they recorded it, so if i would bootleg a record 20 years ago and today decide to buy the CD, I would spend a lot more money than for the vinyl on the release day.

In 1976 (A Night at the Opera), a record cost about 7 dollars new at a record store, according to the internet. Buying that album on a CD today is probably around 15. $7 in 1976 adjusted for inflation is $27.24 in 2010.

(11-05-2010, 09:35 PM)Nospheratu Wrote: if I don't like something i downloaded in the first 10 minutes, I will not use it any further, since i don't like how it looks/sounds/plays.

That's far under the length of any demo I've heard of. Why not just use those legal means to try out a game?

(11-05-2010, 09:35 PM)Nospheratu Wrote: This actually made me laugh Big Grin
Let's say i download a pirated CD [...] In this case I am a criminal.
In another version I go to the store and buy the CD [...] but in this case I am innocent. Huh
Yeah, that is really weird, isn't it?

(11-05-2010, 09:35 PM)Nospheratu Wrote:
(11-05-2010, 05:39 PM)Spooder Wekd Wrote: Sorry, but you are not intelligent enough to continue arguing with a real man.

Well I am inteligent enough to have graduated from college and to work with computers, that must count for something Wink Your comment regarding my lack of intelligence and you being a real man however tells me a lot about your own intelligence[.]

Let's all try not to personally attack each other, OK?
11-05-2010, 10:00 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Some personal thoughts on piracy (warning - long post) - by hollowleviathan - 11-05-2010, 10:00 PM