Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Some personal thoughts on piracy (warning - long post)
mattwestwick Offline

Threads: 6
RE: Some personal thoughts on piracy (warning - long post)

Theres more quotes than logical and reasonable arguments here. I think using quotes is a really nasty way of twisting people's words and turning the attention away from the topic and onto an individual.

If you want to be productive how about suggesting means of negating the methods of piracy. We're not getting anywhere by bickering over who has the moral high-ground. The guy stated his case and demonstrated his awarness of how others might feel about it. If nothing else at least he has given an insight into something most would find abhorant and avoid even thinking about.

I find it completely out of the ordinary that someone would post on the forums of a game they have not paid for or pirated. So perhaps we can take this rare case and actually learn something from it rather than resorting to a witch-hunt and terrible comparisons. A little clemency is in need I think.

Always think twice. The first time is reaction, the second, reflection.

So to refresh the topic heres the crux:

Frictional make game. Lots of people download it for free. How do we stop this without degrading the game?
11-05-2010, 11:59 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Some personal thoughts on piracy (warning - long post) - by mattwestwick - 11-05-2010, 11:59 PM