Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Some personal thoughts on piracy (warning - long post)
Rodriguez Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Some personal thoughts on piracy (warning - long post)

Pirating is way too easy nowadays, with all the torrents and rapidshares, especially with small games like Amnesia, it's almost no effort to download it for free, so i can fully understand the people who do it, even if it's not right to do so. But obviously these people simply do not care about, if they damage the company, they just want to save money and it's soo easy, to not pay for software nowadays. If there is DRM, there will be a crack as answer. I don't have any money problems (luckily), so i buy most of my games, because i'm an old fashioned collector, but i could also download them all for free, just like that. On the internet it's a piece of cake to get software for free, that's the point and if they don't change that, there will always be piracy. Piracy is a mindset of our internetgeneration, because there is nothing which could put them into jail. There is little the companies can do about it, but to catch out the big fishes of the piracy community.

Nowadays a game needs to be really good to be bought, if a company produces crap without soul, they deserve to go under sooner or later. The gameingindustry is a tough territory, but if you create quality, this quality WILL be rewarded.

I bought Amnesia, because 20$ and now 10$ is more than a good price for this jewel and i definitely want to see more games from Firctional Games.
(This post was last modified: 11-11-2010, 03:16 PM by Rodriguez.)
11-11-2010, 03:12 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Some personal thoughts on piracy (warning - long post) - by Rodriguez - 11-11-2010, 03:12 PM