Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amnesia Launcher Will Not Execute Properly
ElendilAndurilz Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 2 Months ago RE: Amnesia Launcher won't run with Steam.

I've found someone else with my exact setup and issue who also has no solution.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/sh...161&page=2

I have also tried everything the original poster in that thread has gone through, with no results besides the one stated below.

I've tried everything I can think of. I'm nearly sure the issue has to do with the launcher communicating with either steam or amnesia.exe. If I rename amnesia.exe to launcher.exe, tricking steam to boot the game directly, I am able to get a crash report, which I will attach. I'm not sure whether that information is helpful or not, but I'm just trying to give you guys everything to work with that I possibly can. I have a feeling if I had purchased a copy directly from here I may not have had issues judging from the results I've seen on various forums.

If you need any other information from me, or have any ideas whatsoever please let me know. I'm extremely frustrated, and just want to get a copy of this game working.

Edit: Thomas, I have tried to run the game with both Amnesia.exe, and Launcher.exe as administrator. I have also run them in various compatibility and priority modes, with no change in the results.

Edit 2: After a bit of analyzing, I have realized that launcher.exe does run in the task manager for about 5 seconds, and then the process ends. Nothing appears on the display during this time.
(This post was last modified: 11-05-2010, 09:15 AM by ElendilAndurilz.)
11-05-2010, 09:10 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Amnesia Launcher won't run with Steam. - by ElendilAndurilz - 11-05-2010, 09:10 AM