Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amnesia Launcher Will Not Execute Properly
ElendilAndurilz Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 2 Months ago RE: Amnesia Launcher Will Not Execute Properly

(11-08-2010, 10:56 AM)Thomas Wrote: Where was this hpl.log found? The new version of the launcher should create a log file in "My Documents/Amnesia/Main" called launcher.log.

And if the game crashes when setting the screen resolution, then it must be a problem with the graphic card drivers. Download the latest from the ATI website, uninstall current, reboot, install the ones uyou downloaded. You might even want to run driver cleaner or similar to make sure they old are really gone. Even if your system tells you the drivers are up-to-date, do not trust this as it is possible the drivers are corrupt.

The log file was in my documents. It may have appeared when I tried to run Amnesia.exe directly without the launcher. Launcher.log is in the folder as well, but it is empty of any information.

The game actually doesn't crash when setting the screen resolution, it closes before the launcher.exe is able to open whatsoever. I have never been able to see the launcher in any way so far, and therefore cannot change adjust my settings to run Amnesia.exe. Is there any way of manually adjusting graphical options without using the launcher?

I just wiped and then reinstalled my drivers to be completely sure (both my Asus bios and ATI drivers are definitely up to date), and the problem still persists.

Thanks for the response Thomas. Let me know if you have any other ideas, or need anything else from me.
11-08-2010, 06:39 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Amnesia Launcher Will Not Execute Properly - by ElendilAndurilz - 11-08-2010, 06:39 PM