Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
[SPOILERS] SOMA unsolved mysteries thread
cantremember Offline

Threads: 29
RE: [SPOILERS] SOMA unsolved mysteries thread

(01-11-2017, 01:21 AM)Abion47 Wrote:
Quote:Hox Simon came to be is to me the most compelling mystery. The helper bot next to the seat is one of those submarines like the really slow one that attacks you in the ocean, but I suppose technically it works outside of water too though not clear how mobile it would be. Its location right next to the seat is definitely way too convenient to be a coincidence.

It "works" in that it will probably turn on, but that is it. It cannot move around as its only form of translocation are the propulsion jets it uses to move in the water. These jets would be completely ineffective on land, and it has no other way of moving itself, let alone a human being.

Yes but I'm convinced that robot played at least some part in Simon's creation.I don't see any reason why it would be located in the pilot seat room, right next to the seat even, if it were just random. I feel like if its arm wasn't used to perform actions, at least it must have been moved/dragged there, and used to take its structure gel or cortex assembly (for powersuit Simon, you take an identical cortex chip assembly from the same type of robot as the one you have in your Reed body)

Also a scary mystery is that Simon was not the only non-Pathos scan the WAU had. Also David Munshi and his assistant. It is possible that more Simons (and Munshis) woke up from their dentist chair to Pathos-II. Perhaps as abominations who existed prior to the one we play, as machinery who can't speak, or already dead by the time you awake.

Are the WAU growths able to move actually, you never see them moving in game, so I figure it grows gradually like plants, but you do see tentacles holding on to things that it could only have caught if it moved like japanese tentacles, or the person was dead and immobile for some time while the tentacle grew around it.. there's also WAU growth coming out the vent Reed's body came in through...
(This post was last modified: 01-11-2017, 01:23 PM by cantremember.)
01-11-2017, 12:54 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: [SPOILERS] SOMA unsolved mysteries thread - by cantremember - 01-11-2017, 12:54 PM