Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
"Interacting" with Static Objects
Chilton Offline

Threads: 9
RE: "Interacting" with Static Objects

(11-19-2010, 02:40 PM)LoneWolf Wrote: Its really easy i did part of what you said.

Load the bed up in model editor, then add a level door to the bed (click on settings tab at top of screen, then click on user defined variables. Then select level door.). Then save as and call it what ever you want, i saved it as bed2 and saved it into the furniture folder. So i then load my map up and click on entities and click on the bed2. I then place it and when i click on it i can change its options just like a level doors (click on 2nd tab at right where you can change size, scale etc.). So just add a map to load up and the name of the start potition and it should load up once you click on the bed in your level Big Grin

No need for scripting or that its really simple.

I tried to give a statue an enemys properties and animations but as i suspected it doesnt work at all Sad . Your sanity decreases and that when you look at it but it doesnt chance you or attack or move. I thought that the staue would move (weirdly obviously) and would attack you (with invisible arms obviously). Would still be nice if someone could tell me how to make it happen as its for a hillucination to freak the player out.

This explains everything - It seems when i made it before, i made a typo in the player start area, so it never loaded. Im just going to jump up and down on a table now Smile
As for your statue thing, have you tried making the enemy a static, then making a script area to disable it and replace it with a living zombie temporarily?
(This post was last modified: 11-19-2010, 03:01 PM by Chilton.)
11-19-2010, 02:55 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
"Interacting" with Static Objects - by Chilton - 11-12-2010, 02:26 PM
RE: "Interacting" with Static Objects - by house - 11-18-2010, 10:39 PM
RE: "Interacting" with Static Objects - by Chilton - 11-19-2010, 02:55 PM