Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can't run the game, can't update laptop drivers (4670), need help
Finzy Offline

Threads: 3
Solved: 8 Years, 2 Months, 3 Weeks ago RE: Can't run the game, can't update laptop drivers (4670), need help

It had the standard windows drivers installed, and I also tried installing them manually via the device manager and specifying the location of the downloaded drivers (resulted in a black screen at boot). I didn't dare do what you said because last time I attempted that with DriverSweeper, my laptop refused to boot at all, even in safe mode.

Unfortunately I found no other way to restore the drivers other than doing a full reformat again, so I did.

According to Notebookreview.com, the drivers need to be installed over the factory ones on laptops with switchable graphics. I did that just now, but I'm unsure if they installed successfully. The install went fine, but device manager still reports the old date of the drivers. Can anyone verify if these are the latest drivers:

Direct3D: 8.14.10.0685
OpenGL: 6.14.10.8870

Or did I just reformat my computer for nothing again? Tongue
12-21-2010, 02:51 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can't run the game, can't update laptop drivers (4670), need help - by Finzy - 12-21-2010, 02:51 PM