Penumbra Overtue Episode 1 Demo v1.0.1 is now available for linux.
Download it from penumbra-overture.com
All Support issues should now be posted to The linux Tech Support Thread
Beta 3 has been Release
This will hopefully be the last beta release of the demo.
I am pleased to announce the initial linux beta demo release of Penumbra: Overture Episode 1.
Currently the Linux demo is only being released via Bit torrent. If you wish to help in distributing, just keep seeding it when you have finished downloading it. Once I get feedback and fix any new found bugs from this beta we will release the final demo and push it out to mirrors. Please do not mirror this demo at this time.
Report any issues to this forum thread as I will be checking this thread regularly for feedback.
To install just download PenumbraDemo-Beta3.sh or if you already have an older dmeo installed, PenumbraDemoUpgrade-Beta3.sh
from a terminal.
This does NOT need to be run as root, and would be preferrable not to do so. By default the installer will install into a directory of PenumbraEp1Demo in your home directory.
Once installed run the "penumbrademo" script in the install directory.
Demo Download (Bit Torrent)
Changes in Beta 3
Changes in Beta 2 (2007-03-27)
- Rebuild in new build environment (CLEAN glibc 2.3 compatability)
- Fix sound clipping issue
- Fix language game option (will not show comfiguration files now)
- Updated installers that work on x86_64 systems (the game STILL requires 32bit libraries!!!)
- Rebuild using a clean build environment (fixes Ubuntu loading issue)
- Packaged libsdl.org stock SDL libraries (should improve compatability)
- Updated launch script to give detailed information on how to track down issues for me
- Exits gracefully if $DISPLAY isn't set.
There are currently no known issues