Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Feedback from a 16 year old casual gamer
Sexbad Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40
RE: Feedback from a 16 year old casual gamer

(03-15-2011, 10:51 AM)Bek Wrote:
(03-15-2011, 02:53 AM)Lee Wrote: JC Denton cost X billion dollars to build but is a worse shot than I am (or ever was, without any kind of military training). This is sort of balanced with the fact that bad guys are blind as bats and stupid as bricks. Voice acting is consistently terrible. Levels are bland and ugly (by 2000 standards). Basic government conspiracy plot.
RPG. Skill system. He wasn't engineered to be perfect, he was engineered to be a prototype for nano augmentations.

He probably was engineered to be better than a normal soldier. Of course there are RPG elements, but you don't design a super-agent to start out as a fucking cripple who is more likely to die than gain experience in his field training.

I perfectly understand that there are RPG elements, and Deus Ex is more of an RPG than most, considering what most people call RPGs are basically hero simulators. But the RPG-play is poorly implemented. Why not have him start out as a competent soldier (and also make the actual gameplay better) and give him better and better unique abilities with experience, for instance?

(03-15-2011, 10:51 AM)Bek Wrote: As for basic conspiracy plot, you either didn't finish it or we're very ignorant of the plot and subplots.

Of course I didn't finish it. Because it was terribly built full of bad game design choices.

I love the smell of fresh thread napalm in the morning.

[Image: jao3z.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 03-15-2011, 09:11 PM by Sexbad.)
03-15-2011, 09:04 PM
Website Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Feedback from a 16 year old casual gamer - by Sexbad - 03-15-2011, 09:04 PM