Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Custom Story Collaboration
Mapsnacker Offline

Threads: 6
RE: Custom Story Collaboration

Maybe you should rethink how open you want to be with your work. Despite the lovely red highlights and the seemingly innocent forum members, I think you should keep things that are under-development, under lock. This thread should be used to get people working together, not as SpoilerAlert parade IMO.

Moving on...

I really like "The Lighthouse". Although, without a dedicated modeler, I don't think its something we should tackle just yet. There are way too many limitations (material wise) to construct something like that with the Level Editor. Unless somebody can prove me wrong....I think it should be put in the "Secret Stash of Stories Box". (In a folder on your desktop.)

Today I built the first map for a story I thought up today and learned a bit of scripting. Although, I barley understand what I'm doing. So later on this week, I might post a helpwanted thread for that specific project.

Anyway, I've got a story thing for you.

[CHAPTER 1-Intro]

(Text) I've began this journal to record what I believe to be...my last hours.

(Music Que)

(Voice-Player)
That page...
It was the smallest piece of information, the smallest thing to remember him by...
(Pause)
Below that sentence was a warning, scribbled with fading ink.
(Eliot's Voice begins overlaps the Player's during this line and the Player's fades out leaving only
Elliot's voice)

"This is my account of a phenomenon unexplainable through science. A fraction of the truth,
which cannot be described by any number of words. To protect yourself, I would advise you to
simply burn this and forget you ever came into contact with it. Although, I do know of the
trappings of human curiosity, for that is what pushed me into this. Just know...what you learn
through me will have a effect on more than just yourself. For what exists beyond...
will send a shock wave that will, without a doubt, change the course of the world."

(Voice-Player)
The page was signed by, Eliot Bane, my closest friend.

[Chapter 1- Research]

(Voice-Player)

The envelope, in which i received that page included a small stone statue me and Eliot had acquired three years ago.

In 1876 Eliot and I were greatly intrigued by the discovery of a archaeologist who had
come across a strange artifact in Russia which (According to the Media) pointed to a drastically
different version of the beginning of human history. Eliot, being a man of many connections, was able to
find the fellow who conducted the dig and contact him about his findings.

Through a series of letters, we obtained small snippets of information about what was found at
the dig. But it was all too sporadic and random to be pieced together.
The Archaeologist, who claimed his name was Abel Colbert, had a few trusted friends who had
gone with him to Russia. In his letters, Abel revealed that his friends grew superstitious after
they uncovered the artifact. Why...he didn't say. But they had left Russia to pursue more "sensible endeavours"
only a few days later.

In the last letter we received, there was only one line of print.

"Be wary of knowledge you gain, for the human mind can only comprehend so much."

Included in the envelope in which the letter came, was a small stone statuette of a what appeared to be a Slavic-Warrior of sorts.
Carved on the bottom were coordinates, to what we assumed was Colbert's findings.

(Voice-player-Distressed)

Eliot insisted that we go and talked of the infinite discovery that awaited us. He went on about
how we could be the men who uncovered the "First Chapter". I objected and tried to talk him out of going,
"We have lives, responsibilities to tend to, we cannot simply abandon what we have in search of
adventure. I-I have a son! You have a wife!"

He only shook his head, (Voice-Eliot)"This could rewrite history."

(Music Fade)

He left the next morning, taking the letters and the statue with him. I never saw him again.

Now, three years later...I follow in his footsteps.
---

Just snipped that from my full plot.

Thoughts?
(This post was last modified: 04-13-2011, 04:41 AM by Mapsnacker.)
04-13-2011, 04:39 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Custom Story Collaboration - by SkyeGU - 04-12-2011, 12:35 PM
RE: Custom Story Collaboration - by palistov - 04-12-2011, 02:57 PM
RE: Custom Story Collaboration - by Melamoto - 04-12-2011, 05:44 PM
RE: Custom Story Collaboration - by Mapsnacker - 04-12-2011, 08:00 PM
RE: Custom Story Collaboration - by SkyeGU - 04-13-2011, 03:23 AM
RE: Custom Story Collaboration - by Mapsnacker - 04-13-2011, 04:39 AM
RE: Custom Story Collaboration - by SkyeGU - 04-13-2011, 08:30 PM
RE: Custom Story Collaboration - by Mapsnacker - 04-13-2011, 09:29 PM
RE: Custom Story Collaboration - by SkyeGU - 04-13-2011, 11:01 PM