Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Great game; small pacing criticism
dph314 Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Great game; small pacing criticism

Well if you already play through the game and know where all the parts are where there's no monsters, then yeah those parts won't be scary. Also if you know what everything looks like then it might not be scary. Half the scare for me was the environment. Places with no monsters don't mean it ain't scary. Sights, sounds, and the unknown made the whole game, beginning to end, creepy for me. I agree I guess though, cuz I don't play games like this through a second time until it's been a while, and I've forgotten a lot. That way you get back some of the surprise of everything. But yeah that is the reason I only play through once in a while. But that first time is great even though there's not constant action, because it's not an action game. Suspense/horror has a lot to do with the enviroment, sights, and sounds. So you're never gonna get that rush that you experienced that first time you played through the game since everything won't be new to you. Unless of course you got...yes, amnesia. Then...Amnesia...would be new and suspenseful again.
I'd love a good cocktail to bring me back to my pre-Amnesia life so I could experience it for the first time all over again.
04-25-2011, 06:47 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Great game; small pacing criticism - by dph314 - 04-25-2011, 06:47 AM