Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Newsletter | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amnesia Demo - No cursor visible while interacting with objects
hiben Offline

Not Solved RE: Amnesia Demo - No cursor visible while interacting with objects

(04-26-2011 06:24 AM)jens Wrote:  What you described is the intended behavior!

Huh ok, now I am confused...

I was complaining about this behaviour in the general discussion forum and there users told me that they see a cursor while interacting with objects. So I thought this would be some graphics issue...

My problem is that I am using a Trackball - well, that is not really my problem but it seems to be an 'incompatible' input device for Amnesia.
This Trackball is of the kind where you roll a large ball with your thumb while your fingers control the buttons. I can play FPS and other fast paced games very well with it - there is always the feedback loop that tells my thumb what to do next - in the good old observe-evaluate-plan-execute way.

The 'observe' state is kind of suboptimal in Amnesia because I can only observe something after I executed something...

Sorry for this half-rant... I am a HCI guy...

So what I get is: 'Deal with it!'/'Mouse or GTFO!' Wink
04-26-2011 08:59 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text within the image on the left in to the text box below. This process is used to prevent automated posts.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Amnesia Demo - No cursor visible while interacting with objects - hiben - 04-26-2011 08:59 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)