Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Custom Story suggestions/comments/general constructive criticism
Khyrpa Offline

Threads: 10
RE: Custom Story suggestions/comments/general constructive criticism

(06-01-2011, 10:08 PM)Danarogon Wrote: so my apologies... btw i didn't realy said a name of a custom story that i didn't like i hope i didn't make eny one cry.... http://img830.imageshack.us/img830/5005/lollvv.jpg lol... patatos...

You seem like you're drunk, like I am atm, but the most annoying thing I see in most custom stories (I'm perfectionist jerk so about every story) are lighted badly, yes my own ones too! The fact that the maker doesn't simply empower lamp entities with lights somehow makes me frustrated. And keeping all the areas pitch black without box light and mass point lights make shit unnatural as f**k! I do agree that unnatural lighting looks good at some points, but sticking to it in every map just annoys me.

But if everyone would make maps like me, there wouldn't be as many published maps, because it takes a damn long time for me to complete a simple room for example: if I'm going to stick to my current style, I scripted so that when lighting a single candle, the script fades in 4point lights, 1 spot light and creates 1 particle effect (all tweaked in level editor and tested in game, and I agree its a overkill).

And please don't make too bright billboards that are placed so that they create dumb looking box ^^.
Self advertise, check the last billboardthingie (it looks almost good):
http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-7973.html

I hope I help someone, though I doubt I will. Don't let dumb fucks like me stop you from creating "rushed" simple stories! I will still play them...
(This post was last modified: 06-01-2011, 11:56 PM by Khyrpa.)
06-01-2011, 11:56 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Custom Story suggestions/comments/general constructive criticism - by Khyrpa - 06-01-2011, 11:56 PM