Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 34 Vote(s) - 3.44 Average
Amnesia: Through the Portal (2.0 Expansion Released)
bobbo Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Amnesia: Through the Portal (Released)

I've just finished it, here's my two cents:

Spoiler below!

One very negative thing for me was the way of installation. On the first start via the batch file I had to reenter my serial key which I didn't have on top of my desk of course but dug somewhere in a folder on my FG store receit. Also, all the settings were reset back to default so I had to set them to my taste and restart the game. Is there no way to make this a "normal" custom story that goes into the custom story folder and is started from the vanilla game menu?

I really liked the general idea of escaping the strange realm and the pretty graphics (everything from the first map over the gloomy blue/red lights till the nice outdoor view)!

Unfortunately, it was too easy to escape this realm. When I had found that note about different realms I thought I would have to make my through each of them in order to escape back to "realm 4". Instead, I only had to get that one master orb? It was good though that after taking it the shadow chased me - but why does the shadow follow me over two maps but vanishes on the third? Also, in the middle of this room (with the realm 4 portl around the corner) there's an empty orb holder - what's it there for?

In the credits, what was that line "Cry, hope you got my name right" about? Was that meant to be a joke and is it my bad English that made me misinterpret it as being meant serious? Or was it really meant serious? Either way, I don't think it's a good line to have there.

That's it for now, now someone make a total conversion Alien-Amnesia with these superb graphics please. Big Grin

06-11-2011, 11:19 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Amnesia: Through the Portal (Released) - by bobbo - 06-11-2011, 11:19 PM