Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Can't load game
Rsaltel Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 3 Weeks ago Can't load game

I have Windows Vista.  200 GB free.  Nvidia GeForce 7600-GT. I meet all the system requirements. When I insert the CD and click on Install Program, I get a message error.

What do I need to do to install the game?
05-16-2007, 12:57 AM
Find
Fudz
Unregistered

Solved: 8 Years, 3 Weeks ago RE: Can't load game

can you please tell us what error?
05-16-2007, 04:57 AM
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199

try to copy the setup.exe file from the CD to you harddrive and then run the setup from there. Also make sure you have no anti-virus or simillar program running that can interfer.
05-16-2007, 02:11 PM
Website Find
Rsaltel Offline

Fudz Wrote:can you please tell us what error?

It says "Incorrect Function"
05-17-2007, 04:39 AM
Find
Rsaltel Offline

jens Wrote:try to copy the setup.exe file from the CD to you harddrive and then run the setup from there. Also make sure you have no anti-virus or simillar program running that can interfer.

I turned off all the Anti virus.

I looked for the setup.exe file. There were 3 files. The icon, the Auto Run which contained only this:
[autorun]
open=penumbra_setup.exe
icon=penumbra.ico

The third file said:

penumbra_setup So I copied and pasted it to my hard drive. It made like it was copying it and about 5 minutes into it I got an error message "invalid MS-DOS Function" and the stopped copying.

There was not a file with .exe on it. Perhaps that is the problem?
05-17-2007, 04:56 AM
Find
Luis Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 19

That means that your CD is either too dirty to read from it, or that it's just broken (or also it could be your CD ROM drive). If it looks dirty, try cleaning it with a soft cotton cloth, wiping the surface radially from the center outwards. You should try to install it in some other computer also, just to make sure the problem is actually in the CD. If it's still not working, go to the store where you got it from and ask for a replacement.

EOF
05-17-2007, 08:46 AM
Find
Rsaltel Offline

Luis Wrote:That means that your CD is either too dirty to read from it, or that it's just broken (or also it could be your CD ROM drive). If it looks dirty, try cleaning it with a soft cotton cloth, wiping the surface radially from the center outwards. You should try to install it in some other computer also, just to make sure the problem is actually in the CD. If it's still not working, go to the store where you got it from and ask for a replacement.

It worked! I wiped down the CD and started playing the game. Thanks for your help.
05-18-2007, 03:18 AM
Find