Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Looking For Help? Look No More!
Homicide13 Offline

Threads: 41
RE: Looking For Help? Look No More!

There's a check box for all static objects under the "static object" tab labeled "collides." Make sure this is unchecked, and the grass should work fine. If you already have a lot of grass layed down, press ctrl+f to open the find menu and just type in "grass" or whatever and go down the list un-checking this box.

09-17-2011, 05:58 AM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32

(09-17-2011, 05:14 AM)Homicide13 Wrote: The latest, 2.59 I think

In Object Mode, make sure the mesh of choice has a material attached to it. Materials can be accessed here:

[Image: blender-create-sculpty-material_04.gif]

With the mesh still selected, go into the Texture panel:

[Image: blender-create-sculpty-material_07.gif]

With the texture selected, in the Texture panel change the type to "Image or Movie." Under the Image category click "open" and select an image to be your texture. Under the Mapping category, change Coordinates to UV.

Now all you have to do is map the faces of the mesh to the texture in the UV/Image Editor (the image you chose for the material would be in the list of textures in the UV/Image Editor). In order to do so you must first unwrap your mesh onto the texture.

Watch this video to understand the basics of unwrapping: http://cgcookie.com/blender/2011/01/21/intro_uvmapping/

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
09-17-2011, 07:45 AM
Website Find
AmnesiaIsScary :S Offline

Threads: 3

I have 2 problems :
1. I Don't know how to use the prop impulse exactly ... This is my entity name :
chair_nice02_1
Can you maybe show me the exact command ?
2. I Don't know how to use the PlaySoundAtEntity Command ... Do I need to make an "AddPlayerCallBack" and then put it under it (After the } ) ?
Or should I just put and and insert the commands ?

Like this :
////////////////////////////
// Run first time starting map
void OnStart()
{
void PlaySoundAtEntity(string& asSoundName, string& asSoundFile, string& asEntity, float afFadeTime, bool abSaveSound);
}

and what to put in the "string& asSoundName" ?
09-17-2011, 12:26 PM
Find
Obliviator27 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 10

(09-17-2011, 12:26 PM)AmnesiaIsScary :S Wrote: I have 2 problems :
1. I Don't know how to use the prop impulse exactly ... This is my entity name :
chair_nice02_1
2. I Don't know how to use the PlaySoundAtEntity Command ... Do I need to make an "AddPlayerCallBack" and then put it under it (After the } ) ?

Like this :
void OnStart()
{
void PlaySoundAtEntity(string& asSoundName, string& asSoundFile, string& asEntity, float afFadeTime, bool abSaveSound);
}

When you have your scripts, you only need to put void in front of the parent functions. In this case, if you want a sound to play right when the map starts, you only need
void OnStart()
{
PlaySoundAtEntity("[what goes here is what the internal name of the sound will be called, can leave blank, but leave the quotation marks]", "[sound file + .snt extension.]", "[entity to play at]", [time it takes the sound to fade], [still not sure what this does, i personally leave at false]);
}

Propimpulse works rather simply. It's basically the same as propforce, as far as I can tell. If it's different, someone is free to correct me. Anyhow,

AddPropImpulse("[Prop being pushed]", [Amount Along the X axis], [Amount along the Y axis], [Amount along the Z axis], "world");
Hope this clears things up for you.

09-17-2011, 05:11 PM
Find
AmnesiaIsScary :S Offline

Threads: 3

(09-17-2011, 05:11 PM)Obliviator27 Wrote:
(09-17-2011, 12:26 PM)AmnesiaIsScary :S Wrote: I have 2 problems :
chair_nice02_1

Like this :
void OnStart()
{
}

When you have your scripts, you only need to put void in front of the parent functions. In this case, if you want a sound to play right when the map starts, you only need
void OnStart()
{
PlaySoundAtEntity("[what goes here is what the internal name of the sound will be called, can leave blank, but leave the quotation marks]", "[sound file + .snt extension.]", "[entity to play at]", [time it takes the sound to fade], [still not sure what this does, i personally leave at false]);
}

Propimpulse works rather simply. It's basically the same as propforce, as far as I can tell. If it's different, someone is free to correct me. Anyhow,

AddPropImpulse("[Prop being pushed]", [Amount Along the X axis], [Amount along the Y axis], [Amount along the Z axis], "world");
Hope this clears things up for you.
ok and how do I call a function when touching an entity ? like a door slams behind me ...

09-17-2011, 09:23 PM
Find
Elven Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 37

quick question - what are those functions more: OnEnter and OnLeave Smile? For what they are used for Tongue?

The Interrogation
Chapter 1

My tutorials
09-17-2011, 09:35 PM
Find
Obliviator27 Offline
Posting Freak

(09-17-2011, 09:23 PM)AmnesiaIsScary :S Wrote:
(09-17-2011, 05:11 PM)Obliviator27 Wrote:
ok and how do I call a function when touching an entity ? like a door slams behind me ...
Depends on what you want. If you want a door to slam shut behind the player when they walk into a room, add a script area on the other side of the door. Then, it's a basic CollideCallback

void OnStart()
{
AddEntityCollideCallback("Player", "[Area]", "DoorSlam", true, 1);
}
void DoorSlam(string &in asParent, string &in asChild, int alState)
{
SetSwingDoorClosed("[Door Name]", true, true);
}
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Quote:quick question - what are those functions more: OnEnter and OnLeave [Image: smile.gif]? For what they are used for [Image: tongue.gif]?
OnEnter are the changes/scripts that occur upon entering the map from another. OnLeave are changes that occur to that particular map when the player leaves it.
09-17-2011, 11:10 PM
Find
Elven Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 37

so basically like doors? To change music when player enters into that area, etc Tongue? I had this idea but had to confirm it too Tongue

The Interrogation
Chapter 1

My tutorials
09-17-2011, 11:50 PM
Find
Obliviator27 Offline
Posting Freak

(09-17-2011, 11:50 PM)Elven Wrote: so basically like doors? To change music when player enters into that area, etc Tongue? I had this idea but had to confirm it too Tongue
You can think of it this way.

Player enters an area for the first time. Certain scripts are called, usually from the OnStart

Player leaves the map, but then returns to it. OnEnter scripts take effect upon returning, ans OnLeave take effect upon leaving.

But basically, with leveldoors, yes.
09-18-2011, 05:04 PM
Find