Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do I turn off the lighs?
ObsidianLegion Offline

Threads: 53
How do I turn off the lighs?

How do I turn off several lights and add those awesome screen effects?

Also, how do I make my monster de-spawn at a certain area/pathnode?
I find it hard to summon the balls to test my game when there's a monster involved D:

How many nodes/time on the nodes would you guys say is appropriate before the wait for the monsters disappearance get really long and tedious?

Thank you guys for the help!

And by the way, I managed to do that complex script :3

"Good men mean well; they just don't always end up doing well." -Isaac Clarke, Dead Space 2, Chapter 12
09-01-2011, 05:12 PM
Find
Rapture Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 79
RE: How do I turn off the lighs?

(09-01-2011, 05:12 PM)Lolnesia09 Wrote: How do I turn off several lights and add those awesome screen effects?
Can u be more specific?

(09-01-2011, 05:12 PM)Lolnesia09 Wrote: Also, how do I make my monster de-spawn at a certain area/pathnode?
I find it hard to summon the balls to test my game when there's a monster involved D:
I put a area their, and with the
AddEntityCollideCallback(string& asParentName, string& asChildName, string& asFunction, bool abDeleteOnCollide, int alStates);
Instead of "Player" for the first parameter, put in the monster name and have it set to inactive or fade to dust.

09-01-2011, 06:27 PM
Find
ObsidianLegion Offline

(09-01-2011, 06:27 PM)Rapture Wrote:
(09-01-2011, 05:12 PM)Lolnesia09 Wrote: How do I turn off several lights and add those awesome screen effects?
Can u be more specific?

(09-01-2011, 05:12 PM)Lolnesia09 Wrote: Also, how do I make my monster de-spawn at a certain area/pathnode?
I put a area their, and with the
AddEntityCollideCallback(string& asParentName, string& asChildName, string& asFunction, bool abDeleteOnCollide, int alStates);
Instead of "Player" for the first parameter, put in the monster name and have it set to inactive or fade to dust.

As in, when i reach a trigger, lights go out with screen effects and spooky noises.

Like using

torch_static_01
torch_static_02
torch_static_03
torch_static_04
torch_static_05
torch_static_06
and so on....

"Good men mean well; they just don't always end up doing well." -Isaac Clarke, Dead Space 2, Chapter 12
09-01-2011, 06:51 PM
Find
GreyFox Offline

Threads: 23

Gonna Hijack this thread for a second. but do you kinda mean in the start of the game when you walk in that room and all the lights turn of because of the "Wind"?

thats what I would like to do. and that sounds the same to what you wanna do.

-Grey Fox

Current Project
Forgotten
09-01-2011, 06:58 PM
Find
ObsidianLegion Offline

(09-01-2011, 06:58 PM)GreyFox Wrote: Gonna Hijack this thread for a second. but do you kinda mean in the start of the game when you walk in that room and all the lights turn of because of the "Wind"?

thats what I would like to do. and that sounds the same to what you wanna do.

-Grey Fox

AH! I think I have it.

OnStart()
{
AddEntityCollideCallback("Player", "YourArea", "CollideYourArea", true, 1);
}

void CollideYourArea
{
SetLampLit("NameOfLamp", false, true);
}

Do that as many times as you wish. And look around in the sounds for spooky sounds ^.^ I just need to know how people do that camera thingy >.>

(This post was last modified: 09-01-2011, 07:08 PM by ObsidianLegion.)
09-01-2011, 07:06 PM
Find