Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2 questions
tklamka Offline

Threads: 5
2 questions

Simply put:

1. What is the script for making static objects appear / dispappear ? Something like SetEntityActive, just for static objects ?

2. I have absolutely no idea how to create your own loading screen ( eg. put a custom picture there and lets say play some custom music and add some custom text.

Thanks in advance
09-02-2011, 08:15 PM
Find
ZRPT1 Offline

Threads: 4
RE: 2 questions

(09-02-2011, 08:15 PM)tklamka Wrote: Simply put:

1. What is the script for making static objects appear / dispappear ? Something like SetEntityActive, just for static objects ?

2. I have absolutely no idea how to create your own loading screen ( eg. put a custom picture there and lets say play some custom music and add some custom text.

Thanks in advance

1. You would have to convert the static prop to an entity using the model editor.

2. Scratch that, i'm not exactly sure.

(This post was last modified: 09-02-2011, 08:30 PM by ZRPT1.)
09-02-2011, 08:26 PM
Find
Apjjm Offline
Is easy to say

Threads: 18
RE: 2 questions

2.:
Use the following in a script file:
SetupLoadScreen(string&asTextCat, string&asTextEntry, int alRandomNum, string&asImageFile)
(See wiki: http://wiki.frictionalgames.com/hpl2/amn..._functions )

This makes the load screen exiting the map the one specified. You would need to have the language file contain the named entry in the named category for the message. The third parameter (if > 1) appends a random number (< the parameter) to the end of the string in argument 2 (asTextEntry). Use the last argument to set up your custom image, which would be in your custom story folder.

Music remains playing over the load screen - so just start the music you wish to play when loading just before you exit the map.
(This post was last modified: 09-02-2011, 08:37 PM by Apjjm.)
09-02-2011, 08:36 PM
Find