Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amnesia randomly crashing when opening menu/pausing
pcct Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Amnesia randomly crashing when opening menu/pausing

Ok, it's solved, I don't know if it was "Verify Integrity of the game cache" that Tanshaydar pointed out, that fixed it, or the fact that I made a complete reinstall.
If you just delete amnesia through steam, there will be certain files that remains in their respective directories, that is settings, saves, any custom campaigns or custom files that you've used.
I just manually deleted it all, reinstalled it, verified the game cache, and it worked! No more crashes when bringing up the in game menu.
To verify game cache, all you have to do is right-click Amnesia in steam -> properties -> Local files -> Verify integrity of game cache.

--------------------------------------------

Ok, so this is a problem that I've had for a while, and I've tried solving it myself, but with no luck.

The problem, as stated in the thread subject, is that sometimes (more often than never) when I bring up the in-game menu OR pausing menu, Amnesia decides to black-screen on me, leaving nothing but the audio working in the background.
Then Frictional Games' BackBlox opens and displays this information:

(09-04-2011, 04:42 PM) Wrote: Exception Reason
Amnesia.exe caused an EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION in module atioglxx.dll at 0023:69763584, DrvPresentBuffers()+7237812 byte(s)

then leaves a "Stack Trace" that I have attached below this post (errorlog-04-09-2011(15.38.34)), I don't know if that is relevant or not though.

I think it has something to do with my graphics card, or graphics card drivers, since I only lose the picture, and I believe "atioglxx.dll" is some sort of driver-related file.

I've also attached hpl.log, since that's what the mods here have told people to do!

The system I'm running is a desktop computer on Windows 7 x64 with 4 gig ram, HD4870x2, and CPU Q6600. If you need more info, just post.

Thanks for helping me resolve this issue, and yes, I've tried updating&downgrading my graphics card drivers several times, and reinstalling the game, with no luck.
(This post was last modified: 09-04-2011, 07:06 PM by pcct.)
09-04-2011, 04:42 PM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Amnesia randomly crashing when opening menu/pausing

If you are using Steam, please try to verify integrity cache. Looks like a corrupt installation of the game and nothing wrong with graphic adapter.

09-04-2011, 05:01 PM
Website Find