Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cursor not working
Demonseed Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Cursor not working

I've read other people having problems with this (in internet search). I went several pages deep, but couldn't find any other threads about it here. I installed the game. The first few times I tried playing it, my cursur got stuck in the top left corner. Then one time it decided to work and I started to go through the set up of the game. Then an update showed at the bottom right of my computer, which caused the screen to go back to the desktop and the cursor got stuck again. This is the first computer game I have tried to play (beyond solitaire, etc.) and, unfortunetly, I barely know what I am doing. I don't understand the troubleshoots as it seemed like I might have to download something and I'm leery about that. For more info, I am using a laptop, a hp Pavilion dv4-2145dx Entertainment Notebook. Any help is appreciated.
09-05-2011, 06:41 AM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Cursor not working

This could happen if you click too much. For example if you double click on an icon on the desktop to start the game, but have the desktop icons configured to start on one click. Or if you start the Amnesia Launcher, and then after launching game click on the desktop or a window before the game is running can do this as well.

Maybe you can try to press alt-tab on the keyboard to switch to the desktop (after the game is running) and then alt-tab again until the game is the active program again. See if that helps.
09-05-2011, 07:04 AM
Website Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Cursor not working

No, the solution exists at the troubleshooting guide. Basically you need to change the file SDL.dll in order to fix that. Go here:

http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-3754.html

Check Problem I
09-05-2011, 09:09 AM
Find