Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When I click "Start" in the startup menu it crashes?
i803 Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Bug  When I click "Start" in the startup menu it crashes?

Hi, I've been trying to fix this for a while, but nothing I have found will work. I heard about the game and I wanted it badly. I went on "Can You Run It?" and they said I could with no problems. I bought the game on Steam, and when I tried to start it, it did not work. It is the startup screen in a window and all the options are there. I press "Start" and it gives me a black screen and closes, ending with an error. The error says, "FATAL ERROR: Renderer #0 could not be initialized! Make sure your graphic card drivers are up to date. Check log file for more information.". So apparently I have to update my graphics card? How do I do this? I've been on the Intel website and I don't know which one to choose. I have a Toshiba Satellite c655- Intel Celeron® @2.4Ghz, Mobile Intel® 4 Series Express Chipset Family. Thanks in advance for the help!

09-06-2011, 05:46 PM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: When I click "Start" in the startup menu it crashes?

Unfortunately a Mobile Intel® 4 Series Express Chipset is not capable of running the game and this can not be corrected as it is the hardware that is at fault, which in a laptop can not be upgraded.
09-06-2011, 05:59 PM
Website Find
i803 Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: When I click "Start" in the startup menu it crashes?

(09-06-2011, 05:59 PM)jens Wrote: Unfortunately a Mobile Intel® 4 Series Express Chipset is not capable of running the game and this can not be corrected as it is the hardware that is at fault, which in a laptop can not be upgraded.
Ok. What a disappointment though. Thanks for the quick reply

09-06-2011, 06:03 PM
Find