Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Penumbra Overture Speedrun [spoiler]
ZeRo Offline

Threads: 2
Penumbra Overture Speedrun [spoiler]

Hi!
I've done a speedrun of Penumbra Overture Episode One!
I've played it on medium skill. It is segmented, currently I don't know how many segments that are.
And I've cutted out the loading scenes.
My time is 27:00min.
Here you can download the run.
Sorry that the video is so dark but that is so in the game.

Comments:
Spoiler below!
At the beginning I've to collect three things: The notice-book, a lamp (which is in the padlock) and another lamp.
Then I could go out. Ouside I've to take a stone and throw it on the ice. Then I could get into the pipe.

Now I've to pick up the steel rod and the hammer and destroy the wood behind the shelf.
After the Tunnel I've to use the steel rod to get into the door.

Next I've to run to a door, pick up a zippo lighter and take the stones out of the crate to pull it away. Get in and evade the steam. Pick up the lighter gass and fill it in the zippo. get back and get the key.
Run to the office and get that bottle of baxtrin, the key and open the box with it. Get back and open the door with the other key. Turn right into the storage room with the code. Pick up a string from the box and get the axe.
Use a box to get over the electric fence and turn off the generator.
Smash the door with the axe and even smash the barrel.
the string and the bottle of baxtrin in the inventory. Use the soaked string on the gun powder from the barrel.  
Run back and get the TNT barrel, put the barrel to the stones and use the string (now it's a fuse) on the barrel, then use the lighter on the fuse and stay back! Get in the hole.

Go forward and turn right. Walk through the door. In the room stack. Get on a box and pick up a white fuse from the top shelf. Get out of the room and go right. There are doors leading to the communication room. Pick up the radio from one table. Go back to the power room.
In the power you have to destroy the wooden planks, push the box down and pick up that battery.
Go up the ladder and put the battery into the machine.
Go to the generator and pull the lever. It doesn't work. Put in the fuse and turn the valves into the right order.
Get back to the generator and pull the lever again. Get out of the power room and go to the fence and use the keypad. Go through the gate and get into the door.

Run to the excavation and take the bigger part of the broken ladder, then jump and attach it to the hooks under the tunnel. Now jump and grab the ladder. Use a box to your advantage and walk into the tunnel.

Run through the tunnel into the storage room.
Pick up the key and smash the door (the door is closed and normally you don't get through it, but you can smash it, it think that's a bug)
Use the pallet to get over the steam, pick up the gasoline canister. Get out of the storage room.
Run into the tool shed and get a saw to cut the wooden plank. (It's useful to stand on a box to get not hit by the dogs.

Get into the auxilary shaft and use the hammer to open the gasoline canister. Use the gasoline canister at the digging machine. Grab each ends of the power cable and stick it to both sockets. Now insert the key into the table near the joystick. Now let the digging machine dig through the wall. Get into the door.

Run to a door and wait until a huge worm get through it.
Normally you've got to run back to be saved from the worm, but I've just waited beside the door, that saves time. Run through that tunnel into a room and pull the lever. Run bag to the room where the worm is and run through the door.

Now run to shaft 13 and turn right on the bridge. Run through that tunnel and pick up a clear paper and get back. Run to the tool storage and pick up a screwdriver and the wire cutter. Now run into the refinery. Push the buttons and crawl under under the crushers. Use the barrel to get up and get through the ventiation shaft and put in the motor.
Use the right moment to jump through the stream and go into the shaft.
Use the wire cutter and let the cart drive through the wall. Pick up the newspaper, lay it under the door and use the screwdriver to push the key out of the door.
Get into the room and push the key.
Now run back and get into section c.

Now run to lake utuqao. Run through the tunnel and over the frozen lake. Use the saw to get the crowbar and get back.
Go to the chemical storage. There is a worm again. Run away and smash the wooden planks. Get into the chemical storage and pick up all six glasses. Now get out of the room and use the crowbar on a door.

Turn left and run on the wooden planks to a room in that I mix the chemical with it I explode the way later.

Turn right to the incinerator and press the key. Get the key and run back and open a door. Use the screwdriver and the wire cutter at the power box behind the wardrobe. Now run back and get into the final level.

Run down the stairs and run through that long room.
Here the game ends.

I hope you'll enjoy it!
05-23-2007, 06:19 PM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199
RE: Penumbra Overture Speedrun [spoiler]

Nice!

Post it to youtube.com as well?
05-23-2007, 07:42 PM
Website Find
Thomas Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 184

Hehe, dunno if I can do it that fast Smile

Gonna watch the video later.
05-23-2007, 08:02 PM
Find
anton Offline

Threads: 3

Impressing..very impressing. Especially how you solved some pussels. You should go get a career as a beta tester lol
05-23-2007, 08:13 PM
Find
ZeRo Offline

jens Wrote:Nice!

Post it to youtube.com as well?
Thanks! Maybe I'll post it later... on the weekend...
I've posted it on SDA (SpeedDemosArchive) too.
Thomas Wrote:Hehe, dunno if I can do it that fast Smile

Gonna watch the video later.
Hehe maybe...

anton Wrote:Impressing..very impressing. Especially how you solved some pussels. You should go get a career as a beta tester lol
Yes, that would be nice^^
05-23-2007, 09:44 PM
Find
Thomas Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 184

Just saw it! Nice tricks u got there, very impressive.

I am not gonna try and beat that Tongue
05-24-2007, 12:42 AM
Find
ZeRo Offline

Thomas Wrote:Just saw it! Nice tricks u got there, very impressive.

I am not gonna try and beat that Tongue
Yeah that's good to hear^^
05-24-2007, 05:23 AM
Find
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

Threads: 100

Well, what can I say?
Nicely done! Smile

But there was few thing that caught my eye...
With those your time could be 26.00 mins. Wink

1. After the Chase part, why did you took all the chemicals?
Spoiler below!
You only need two of them.
2. There was few parts where you were hurt badly and it slowed you down a little bit.

But otherwise it were very good! Smile

(This post was last modified: 05-26-2007, 07:01 PM by Ano.)
05-26-2007, 10:53 AM
Website Find
ZeRo Offline

Scraper Wrote:Well, what can I say?
Nicely done! Smile

But there was few thing that caught my eye...
With those your time could be 26.00 mins. Wink

1. After the Chase part, why did you took all the chemicals?
Spoiler below!
You only need two of them.
2. There was few parts where you were hurt badly and it slowed you down a little bit.

But otherwise it were very good! Smile

Yes I know that. I've made a new run with that trick, but didn't uploaded it, because I've found many other tricks and so I'll start a new run with all those tricks Wink

And if anybody knows some tricks for a better speedrun, post it please! Smile
05-27-2007, 04:14 PM
Find
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

Threads: 100

How many times have you played through Episode One? Big Grin

(This post was last modified: 05-28-2007, 04:34 PM by Ano.)
05-28-2007, 03:18 PM
Website Find