Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Our team needs a good scripter for an amazing puzzle !
Pr3d4t0r Offline

Threads: 4
RE: Our team needs a good scripter for an amazing puzzle !

(09-21-2011, 09:03 PM)Homicide13 Wrote: Yea, you just have to use local variables and a dynamic moving system. It's really just like the lever puzzles in the main amnesia game, except you use local variables to detect how many times each lever has been used.
Well, can't say because our scripter used C++ style for this script, not java.
09-21-2011, 09:12 PM
Find
palistov Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 67

That's tricky, mainly because if you want the player to actually see each statue moving. That requires MoveObject entities, which can only move one direction. Having the statues moved instantly without the player seeing the animation makes it much simpler.

09-21-2011, 10:32 PM
Find
Apjjm Offline
Is easy to say

Threads: 18

This sounds interesting. Working on a solution now - should post back within an hour or at most two Wink.
09-22-2011, 12:08 AM
Find
Pr3d4t0r Offline

Well, yeah for the statues there are no animations implemented. The solution we found our (actual) puzzle it's to place all the possible moved statues on the squares and make one statue disappears once another appears. And that works like this there is no problem.

But as I said, we changed our mind and the actual puzzle is to make all the statue turn (to the right or to the left) with the levers and the player has to find the good combination.

Anyway, if somebody could fin a real solution, I would be such happy.

Apjjm Wrote:This sounds interesting. Working on a solution now - should post back within an hour or at most two Wink.

Oh yeah, if you could do it this would be awesome ! If you wanna send me something (like a script) please can you do it by MP ?

Thanks ^^

09-22-2011, 01:13 AM
Find
Apjjm Offline
Is easy to say

Threads: 18

Ok so, I've made a test map. I think this should be working now Smile. I will be pm'ing you the solution shortly after another quick round of testing. You are going to have to tweak entities and settings and whatnot to suit your needs, but i've made this as easy as possible.
(This post was last modified: 09-22-2011, 01:20 AM by Apjjm.)
09-22-2011, 01:20 AM
Find
Pr3d4t0r Offline

(09-22-2011, 01:20 AM)Apjjm Wrote: Ok so, I've made a test map. I think this should be working now Smile. I will be pm'ing you the solution shortly after another quick round of testing. You are going to have to tweak entities and settings and whatnot to suit your needs, but i've made this as easy as possible.
Are you serious man ? I mean, how is it possible ? You only made that in something like 1 hour and a half ! Are you THAT genius ?

Well, I'll just need to know how you did call the entities (statues, levers, door to unlock) and how you did call the squares. And then, I'll have to find someone to implement sounds (like each time you "eat" a statue or when the door unlocks) and implement few other minor stuffs. Anyway, I can just say a big THANK YOU for this ! Because I really thought it was not possible to do on this engine Smile

Well, since they're people responding to my questions there, I have another one : is it possible to make a statue look at you ? I mean, follow you with the gaze ? You know, like you enter a room and the statue just look at your direction wherever you move. Is this possible ?

(This post was last modified: 09-22-2011, 02:12 AM by Pr3d4t0r.)
09-22-2011, 01:39 AM
Find
Pr3d4t0r Offline

Just some few things to implement (like the sounds playing and the win combination) but except that, I can now say : Appjm did it ! He's a pure genius ! Hoo-Ha for Appjm ! Big Grin

For real, just testing it in the test map, wich contains only 6 levers and 10 statues, does rock ! It looks really really professionnal. So gonna implement that in our mod (with more or less difficulties Big Grin) then tell you back for the news ! Maybe with a video...

Big thanks to all of you for helping me and thank you Appjm to made my dream possible !

Cheers ^^

(This post was last modified: 09-22-2011, 03:02 AM by Pr3d4t0r.)
09-22-2011, 02:40 AM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

(09-22-2011, 02:40 AM)Pr3d4t0r Wrote: Just some few things to implement (like the sounds playing and the win combination) but except that, I can now say : Appjm did it ! He's a pure genius ! Hoo-Ha for Appjm ! Big Grin

For real, just testing it in the test map, wich contains only 6 levers and 10 statues, does rock ! It looks really really professionnal. So gonna implement that in our mod (with more or less difficulties Big Grin) then tell you back for the news ! Maybe with a video...

Big thanks to all of you for helping me and thank you Appjm to made my dream possible !

Cheers ^^

To be honest I'm not too surprised he was able to pull it off, I mean the guy made freaking tetris with HPL2. I mean that's CRAZY man! I wouldn't even know how to begin making that...

Posting Freak
09-22-2011, 06:55 AM
Website Find
SquigPie Offline

Threads: 0

Well, shit, that was unexpected.

Anyway, Appjm you crazy bastard, thank you.

And with my BRILLIANT POETICAL WRITING STYLE™, we shall craft the greatest mod of all! Tongue
(This post was last modified: 09-22-2011, 07:38 AM by SquigPie.)
09-22-2011, 07:19 AM
Find
Apfel Offline

Threads: 3

The idea for that puzzle was quite interresting to me, so i worked on a solution, too... and found one,
but apparently a bit late Smile .
09-22-2011, 11:38 AM
Find