Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Other way around
A Luna Offline

Threads: 2
Other way around

Wouldn't it be nice if the tables were turned sometimes? Ragequit because of scaryness and monsters killing you?

Well... I do. Anyway, wouldn't it be nice if you were the monster and you had to haunt the adventurous, simple minded character (Daniel) in the story? Hide in a dark corner and wait for the dude. Or randomly walk around where you know he sees you and eat him?

Your thoughts if this is even possible?

I love playing custom stories, need a tester or someone who you want to scare easily? Pick me!:D
09-20-2011, 06:37 PM
Find
nemesis567 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 65
RE: Other way around

It may be possible but without access to the worlds coordinates via script it is not viable.
Besides, the NPC(Daniel) would just attack you on sight and if you set him not to, it wouldn't even start running.

Today I dreamt the life I could live forever. You only know that when you feel it for you know not what you like until you've experienced it.
(This post was last modified: 09-20-2011, 06:41 PM by nemesis567.)
09-20-2011, 06:40 PM
Find
Gilgamesh Offline

Threads: 0

Generally speaking that would also require a working human model. I've been away for a while so I don't know if that's been made.
Also, it sounds quite easy, doesn't it? It could be tremendous fun with good players, and, indeed, multiplayer support.
...Multiplayer non-co-operative horror game, impossibility?
09-21-2011, 07:02 PM
Find
Pr3d4t0r Offline

Threads: 4

Remind me Left 4 Dead, could be great in multiplayer mode !

But first : You'll need a human NPC with animations.

Second : I don't know if HPL2 is made for multiplayer games. But if you can do it and have a server, I think it could work.

Anyway, that is a great idea !

09-22-2011, 01:06 PM
Find