Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SOLVED] ASUS Laptop ATI Mobility 5870 will not start
archangelgy Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 4 Weeks ago [SOLVED] ASUS Laptop ATI Mobility 5870 will not start

I'm having the same problem that a lot of people have had, it simply won't start from Steam. I've tried running Amnesia.exe from the steamapps folder, but then Black Box pops up and says Exception Access Violation. I've updated my drivers to the latest versions and have set Launcher.exe and Amnesia.exe to run as administrators.

I've also included my hpl file, dxdiag result and Black Box report

Attached Files
.log   hpl.log (Size: 989 bytes / Downloads: 92)
.txt   DxDiag.txt (Size: 32.78 KB / Downloads: 87)
.log   errorlog-21-09-2011(14.41.51).log (Size: 42.78 KB / Downloads: 89)
(This post was last modified: 09-21-2011, 11:42 PM by archangelgy.)
09-21-2011, 03:32 PM
Find
archangelgy Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 4 Weeks ago RE: [SOLVED] ASUS Laptop ATI Mobility 5870 will not start

(09-21-2011, 03:32 PM)archangelgy Wrote: I'm having the same problem that a lot of people have had, it simply won't start from Steam. I've tried running Amnesia.exe from the steamapps folder, but then Black Box pops up and says Exception Access Violation. I've updated my drivers to the latest versions and have set Launcher.exe and Amnesia.exe to run as administrators.

I've also included my hpl file, dxdiag result and Black Box report
I wish I had never solved this issue. I wish I could take it all back. I have seen horrors. I have seen things that no eyes should see.

The reason that the driver issue is so prevalent, especially on laptops, is because they don't like their users updating drivers on their own. The problem is that OpenGL 2.1 is required for this game and even your gaming laptops are not quite set up for this. What I did to solve it was go to http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/index.aspxand put in my operating system and had it do an automatic search for my appropriate driver.

Install the launcher, then UNINSTALL your old driver. Restart the computer, then run the launcher again and install the new driver. Restart the computer once again and it SHOULD work. I cannot guarantee this, but it totally worked for me when nothing else did.

I do not recommend that you do any of this if you value your sanity. I'm now going to go to a corner and cry myself to sleep.

(This post was last modified: 09-21-2011, 11:49 PM by archangelgy.)
09-21-2011, 11:47 PM
Find