Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flashbacks and Mutterings
Hunter of Shadows Offline

Threads: 21
Flashbacks and Mutterings

I've heard that during flashbacks monsters can't see you, is this true?

Also I've heard that when your sanity is low and daniel mutters to himself, monsters can hear that and find you, but I'm not sure I buy that, is this true?
09-22-2011, 04:41 AM
Website Find
frawst Offline

Threads: 5
RE: Flashbacks and Mutterings

(09-22-2011, 04:41 AM)Hunter of Shadows Wrote: I've heard that during flashbacks monsters can't see you, is this true?

Also I've heard that when your sanity is low and daniel mutters to himself, monsters can hear that and find you, but I'm not sure I buy that, is this true?
Well I have never been seen during a flashback, and I would assume that with such limited movement and vision during the flashback, that you would be exempt from being seen. Not to mention, most of the monster encounters run on script, while they are still random (different encounter each time) I am sure that the maps are designed so that the encounters don't occur during flashbacks, can't say the same for custom maps though.

In terms of the monsters hearing you talk to yourself, I say it's BS, think back to the wine cellar, assuming this sort of thing happens to you, where you spun around seen him standing at the end of the hall and hid in a dark corner, but he just wouldn't fkin leave. IDK if this only happened to me but in any case, daniel started muttering and the baron never came any closer.
09-23-2011, 12:54 AM
Website Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32

The monster can be set to hear sounds within a volume range. I wouldn't expect the muttering to be too loud, and if the monster were to be close enough, i would expect it to hear any muttering just like it hears the player landing after jumping, etc.

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
09-23-2011, 01:37 AM
Website Find
Hunter of Shadows Offline

Threads: 21

That's very interesting, thank you

Though perhaps someone could answer my question about the flashbacks, as with the second post here, I have no idea what this guy is talking about
(This post was last modified: 09-23-2011, 06:39 AM by Hunter of Shadows.)
09-23-2011, 06:38 AM
Website Find
Serena Offline

Threads: 2

It is absolutely true that you cannot be seen by monsters during a flashback. This is a trick of the speedrunners.

Personally I found that disappointing, as while I was blinded by those flashbacks, I felt the most vulnerable.
09-23-2011, 10:14 PM
Find
A Luna Offline

My monster saw me during a flashback... He kind of caught up with my 'slow running'.

I love playing custom stories, need a tester or someone who you want to scare easily? Pick me!:D
09-25-2011, 07:48 PM
Find
Serena Offline

from http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-6548.html

and taken from the video uploader's video description:

" The flashback-glitch is used as well here, which means that monsters ignore you if you encounter a flashback."
09-28-2011, 02:08 AM
Find