Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help with recording
zeravia Offline

Threads: 16
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 4 Weeks ago Help with recording

I have looked everywhere on the net and cannot seem to find out how to get my Stereo mix and my Mic to record at the same time when Doing Amnesia custom story Let's plays...

I only have windows XP and I know I should be able to check both Microphone and stereo mix, but I can't, what am I doing wrong?

Diary of a madman -Onhold

New - [Image: at_1374739.png]
09-22-2011, 06:40 AM
Website Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 4 Weeks ago RE: Help with recording

The Audio API of Windows XP does not easily allow for recording from both Stereo Mix and from Microphone. For that reason you will not find many programs that allow you to pick two devices to record from. It wasn't until Windows Vista that they revised the Audio API to make it easier for developers to not only allow for recording from both Stereo Mix and Microphone but to also choose which program(s) to record from while ignoring every other program.

In other words, it is not your fault.

One possible alternative, though resource heavy, is to have two programs recording at the same time: one of them the game, the other your microphone.

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
(This post was last modified: 09-22-2011, 08:34 AM by Your Computer.)
09-22-2011, 08:23 AM
Website Find
zeravia Offline

Threads: 16
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 4 Weeks ago RE: Help with recording

(09-22-2011, 08:23 AM)Your Computer Wrote: The Audio API of Windows XP does not easily allow for recording from both Stereo Mix and from Microphone. For that reason you will not find many programs that allow you to pick two devices to record from. It wasn't until Windows Vista that they revised the Audio API to make it easier for developers to not only allow for recording from both Stereo Mix and Microphone but to also choose which program(s) to record from while ignoring every other program.

In other words, it is not your fault.

One possible alternative, though resource heavy, is to have two programs recording at the same time: one of them the game, the other your microphone.
T___T

I tried that too. I was using audacity and using Fraps, then Wegame... and it won't record both at the same time... even if i use two different programs

Diary of a madman -Onhold

New - [Image: at_1374739.png]
09-22-2011, 09:04 AM
Website Find