Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lowering bridge entity
Rownbear Offline

Threads: 13
Lowering bridge entity

Hello, I need help with a script to lower a bridge(The one hanging from chains in the roof). I plan to use 3 valves to be turned and you have to turn them all within 1 minute to get the bridge to lower itself. The main problem is as the player is nearby he would probably have to actually see the bridge go down. As I have no idea how I would make the entity move in to place without the easy disble/enable script.

I know threads like these are frowned upon but I really have no idea other than the SetMoveObjectState or SetMoveObjectStateExt which i'm not sure even works on that bridge. Help appreciated! Smile

(This post was last modified: 09-23-2011, 08:34 PM by Rownbear.)
09-23-2011, 08:33 PM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32
RE: Lowering bridge entity

(09-23-2011, 08:33 PM)Rownbear Wrote: I know threads like these are frowned upon but I really have no idea other than the SetMoveObjectState or SetMoveObjectStateExt which i'm not sure even works on that bridge. Help appreciated! Smile

Either one would work for raising or lowering the bridge.

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
(This post was last modified: 09-23-2011, 08:50 PM by Your Computer.)
09-23-2011, 08:49 PM
Website Find
palistov Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 67
RE: Lowering bridge entity

I may be incorrect, but I believe SetMoveObjectState makes the movement happen instantly. You would need SetMoveObjectStateExt to have it visibly raise or lower.

Also, make sure you test it thoroughly. I'm not sure which direction (up/down) is connected to which state (0/1) so you'll have to test it and find out. Read up on the wiki functions page to see what each parameter corresponds to, and simply test it out with different values until you come up with a satisfactory result. Also, you can check the cistern entrance script file from The Dark Descent and mimic their methods. Good luck.

(This post was last modified: 09-24-2011, 10:20 PM by palistov.)
09-24-2011, 10:20 PM
Find