Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
blurry line while playing
phippsy Offline

Threads: 9
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago blurry line while playing

when i play amnesia and all penumbra games i get a blurry line across the screen when i move forward and when i look left and right, it stops when i put vsync on but i would rather not use it as it slows the game down and i wanna use my pc to its full potential are there any other solutions to this or do i have to buy a 120hz monitor to play it my monitor is a 5ms response rate
(This post was last modified: 09-22-2011, 04:51 PM by phippsy.)
09-22-2011, 04:50 PM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: blurry line while playing

That's why vsync is helpful sometimes, for such monitors. You can try installing the latest graphics card drivers and also the latest (if any) monitor drivers.
09-22-2011, 09:18 PM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32

Actually, frames per second is misleading when it comes to your monitor. The game may be pulling over 100 FPS, but in the end you're only seeing whatever the refresh rate of your monitor is. Hence the screen tearing. Want a chance for the monitor to catch up to your graphics card? A better monitor is required. Want a chance for your graphics card to match your monitor? Vsync is required.

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
09-22-2011, 09:31 PM
Website Find
NeatNit Offline

Threads: 4

If my understanding is correct, vsync does not ever slow your PC down. It simply means that your computer doesn't do worthless extra work when in fact you won't see any improvement from it. Vsync means that your GPU won't create more images than your monitor can show in one second. Technically it's slowing your GPU down, but that's because if it didn't then all the extra work would be 100% wasted.

If someone thinks this post is wrong, please correct me. And please someone explain to me why vsync isn't enabled by default, or even forced, on most games...
09-27-2011, 11:01 PM
Find