Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Resetting some stuff on death?
Linus Ågren Offline

Threads: 58
Resetting some stuff on death?

Well, I've asked this before a long time ago, but I didn't get the best answer.
If the player would happen to die by a monster, how do I reset so the monster will spawn again with the best method?

I know I have to use Local Variables to do it, but I don't concider placing a collidebox at the spawnpoint a good method, as the player tend to go back and trigger it by mistake, so the stuff will be resetted again.

Creator of The Dark Treasure.
09-23-2011, 06:36 PM
Website Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32
RE: Resetting some stuff on death?

You cannot reset monsters, and if you could reactivate the monster, it would therefore start where the player died, which would therefore require scripting that keeps track of where the monster was last seen. The game was designed so that monsters would not provide a trial-and-error experience for the player.

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
(This post was last modified: 09-23-2011, 07:46 PM by Your Computer.)
09-23-2011, 07:45 PM
Website Find
Linus Ågren Offline

Threads: 58

The ResetProp does not work on monsters?
Hmm.. I don't find it too good to make a monster appear once, and if the player dies, he can easily pass by without encountering it again.

Creator of The Dark Treasure.
09-23-2011, 10:39 PM
Website Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32

(09-23-2011, 10:39 PM)junkfood2121 Wrote: The ResetProp does not work on monsters?
Hmm.. I don't find it too good to make a monster appear once, and if the player dies, he can easily pass by without encountering it again.

You might want to look at this topic to see if some workarounds mentioned in it is suitable for your story: http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-10408.html

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
09-23-2011, 11:04 PM
Website Find