Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No image
Harlequin1001 Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago No image

Amnesia will run but with no visuals, except for the menu and loading screen. During gameplay, all I can see is the dot crosshair and the main menu has a totally black background. I am running windows 7 and my graphics card is an NVIDIA GeForce GT 520M. I have attached the HPL log to this thread.
Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Attached Files
.log   hpl.log (Size: 6.04 KB / Downloads: 117)
09-23-2011, 09:29 PM
Find
almightytaco24 Offline

Threads: 0
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: No image

(09-23-2011, 09:29 PM)Harlequin1001 Wrote: Amnesia will run but with no visuals, except for the menu and loading screen. During gameplay, all I can see is the dot crosshair and the main menu has a totally black background. I am running windows 7 and my graphics card is an NVIDIA GeForce GT 520M. I have attached the HPL log to this thread.

I feel you! I have the same exact problem. The game runs like it should until you actually play it. I hear him talking, I hear water running, I hear ambient noises, but I only see a black screen. Someone please tell us how to fix this. I waited for so long to play this game, even getting charged by Gamestop twice for it, only to not have it run? It can't end like this!! I am using a Windows 7 Toshiba Sattellite L755-S5216 Laptop. Idk about the graphics card I think it's a intel pentium 2000 if that even exists? Please help D':
09-23-2011, 10:39 PM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45

(09-23-2011, 09:29 PM)Harlequin1001 Wrote: Amnesia will run but with no visuals, except for the menu and loading screen. During gameplay, all I can see is the dot crosshair and the main menu has a totally black background. I am running windows 7 and my graphics card is an NVIDIA GeForce GT 520M. I have attached the HPL log to this thread.
go to the nvidia control panel and set the game to run with the nvidia card and not the Intel HD one.

(09-23-2011, 10:39 PM)almightytaco24 Wrote: I feel you! I have the same exact problem. The game runs like it should until you actually play it. I hear him talking, I hear water running, I hear ambient noises, but I only see a black screen. Someone please tell us how to fix this. I waited for so long to play this game, even getting charged by Gamestop twice for it, only to not have it run? It can't end like this!! I am using a Windows 7 Toshiba Sattellite L755-S5216 Laptop. Idk about the graphics card I think it's a intel pentium 2000 if that even exists? Please help D':

attach me your hpl.log file found under Documents\Amnesia\Main folder.

09-24-2011, 12:46 AM
Find
almightytaco24 Offline

(09-24-2011, 12:46 AM)plutomaniac Wrote:
go to the nvidia control panel and set the game to run with the nvidia card and not the Intel HD one.

(09-23-2011, 10:39 PM)almightytaco24 Wrote: I feel you! I have the same exact problem. The game runs like it should until you actually play it. I hear him talking, I hear water running, I hear ambient noises, but I only see a black screen. Someone please tell us how to fix this. I waited for so long to play this game, even getting charged by Gamestop twice for it, only to not have it run? It can't end like this!! I am using a Windows 7 Toshiba Sattellite L755-S5216 Laptop. Idk about the graphics card I think it's a intel pentium 2000 if that even exists? Please help D':

attach me your hpl.log file found under Documents\Amnesia\Main folder.
hope you can help meh D:

Attached Files
.log   hpl.log (Size: 6.48 KB / Downloads: 123)
09-24-2011, 12:55 AM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Both of you:

If you have an Nvidia graphics card and an Intel HD embedded one then:

Option 1) Go to the nvidia control panel and set the game to run with the nvidia card and not the Intel HD one.

Option 2) Update the Intel HD drivers to a version >= of 2361 and you should be able to play the game using the Intel card.
09-24-2011, 09:31 AM
Find
almightytaco24 Offline

(09-24-2011, 09:31 AM)plutomaniac Wrote: Both of you:

If you have an Nvidia graphics card and an Intel HD embedded one then:

Option 1) Go to the nvidia control panel and set the game to run with the nvidia card and not the Intel HD one.

Option 2) Update the Intel HD drivers to a version >= of 2361 and you should be able to play the game using the Intel card.
great. Mkay so I figured out I have a Intel HD Graphics family ggraphics card, version 2353. I went to Intel to update them, and apparently my Laptop is one of those annoying ones that Intel is not allowed to update. The driver (2353) is the newest driver that Toshiba has avilable, which is woefully below 2361. So my question now is, is there a work around this? Intel has the Drivers I need, Toshiba doesn't. But mean old Toshiba is bullying Intel and won't let me have the drivers. So...yea. I vaguely remember reading about some work around but I'm not sure. Can you help me, or am I stuck with a game I can't play? Sad
09-24-2011, 10:52 PM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

1) If you want to use the stock Intel drivers from their website, you need the zip version.
2) Extract the zip somewhere, Location does not matter
3) Go into Device Manager, (type Device Manager in the windows search bar)
4) Click Display Adapters and Intel HD Graphics.
5) Go to the tab labeled "Drivers"
6) Click "Update Drivers" and "Browse my computer for drivers"
7) Click "Let me pick from a list of drivers"
8) Click the Have Disk Button,
9) Navigate to where your extracted drivers are and go into the directory labeled "Graphics"
10) Select the file named "igdlh.INF"
11) Click on the OK button and then click Next, the drivers should install
12) After that you need to reboot, and after rebooting your drivers should be updated.
(This post was last modified: 09-24-2011, 11:35 PM by plutomaniac.)
09-24-2011, 11:35 PM
Find
almightytaco24 Offline

(09-24-2011, 11:35 PM)plutomaniac Wrote: 1) If you want to use the stock Intel drivers from their website, you need the zip version.
2) Extract the zip somewhere, Location does not matter
3) Go into Device Manager, (type Device Manager in the windows search bar)
4) Click Display Adapters and Intel HD Graphics.
5) Go to the tab labeled "Drivers"
6) Click "Update Drivers" and "Browse my computer for drivers"
7) Click "Let me pick from a list of drivers"
8) Click the Have Disk Button,
9) Navigate to where your extracted drivers are and go into the directory labeled "Graphics"
10) Select the file named "igdlh.INF"
11) Click on the OK button and then click Next, the drivers should install
12) After that you need to reboot, and after rebooting your drivers should be updated.

Good Lord and Baby Jesus, you, Sir, are a saint!! It works!! haha so happy. Thanks a million Big GrinDD
09-25-2011, 06:01 AM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Thank you for your words but mostly have fun with the game.

I updated my Intel HD thread with the Toshiba laptops: http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thr...l#pid89122
(This post was last modified: 09-25-2011, 08:44 AM by plutomaniac.)
09-25-2011, 08:43 AM
Find
almightytaco24 Offline

(09-25-2011, 08:43 AM)plutomaniac Wrote: Thank you for your words but mostly have fun with the game.

I updated my Intel HD thread with the Toshiba laptops: http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thr...l#pid89122
I saw that thread but at the time it had nothing on Toshiba. Glad my experience will be able to help out other people experience this amazing game. Smile
09-25-2011, 10:20 PM
Find