Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.87 Average
Nepsis
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32
RE: Nepsis

Linux issue detected:

Linux uses case-sensitive file names and directory paths. Therefore "maps/" != "Maps/". It works in Windows because Windows uses case-insensitive file names and paths. Please make the necessary adjustments if you want this to work on systems other than Windows without users having to make any changes to the files.

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
(This post was last modified: 09-30-2011, 11:17 AM by Your Computer.)
09-30-2011, 11:16 AM
Website Find
DamnNoHtml Offline

Threads: 34

I must say I enjoyed it. Although there were entirely too many pass out/wake up in another room moments, I had a very uneasy feeling throughout the entire game, which I haven't felt since the original Amnesia. I didn't fully understand what was going on, but on DMT, who the hell does?

Creator of Wake, Through the Portal, Insomnia, and Cycles What to do with HPL3....
09-30-2011, 11:36 AM
Find
JMFStorm Offline

Threads: 8

commentary needed!

09-30-2011, 12:37 PM
Find
Homicide13 Offline

Threads: 41

(09-30-2011, 11:16 AM)Your Computer Wrote: Linux issue detected:

Linux uses case-sensitive file names and directory paths. Therefore "maps/" != "Maps/". It works in Windows because Windows uses case-insensitive file names and paths. Please make the necessary adjustments if you want this to work on systems other than Windows without users having to make any changes to the files.
Ah... I didn't know a whole much about scripting in the professional world when I started this project (well I still don't), but I learned about halfway through that using capitals while scripting was considered unprofessional (oops... z.z). So I decided to just finish the story as is and keep that knowledge for any future projects I do.

But yea, I'll try to get this fixed once I have the chance and release a 1.1 version. Thanks for the info!

09-30-2011, 01:19 PM
Find
Mr. Bombastic Offline

Threads: 6

This was the best custom story i have ever played! Thank you so much for this wonderful piece of art :')
Spoiler below!
I loved when i got back from the cells, i turn around.. suddenly there is a wall and i can't get out. Truly original Smile
Also, that part where you are in a maze of doors and monsters are around you.. this was great!
09-30-2011, 04:12 PM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

oh my god... that was the best custom story I'VE EVER PLAYED!!!! so original and so relentlessly scary! man, i hope my custom story ends up being like this Big Grin

Posting Freak
10-01-2011, 02:05 AM
Website Find
Finska Offline

Uhm, is that really that short or what? I got chased by a monster in that little maze full of doors. Then I got to a peaceful nature place and now I can't go anywhere... What to do?

Creeps, creeps everywhere...
10-01-2011, 07:25 PM
Find
Homicide13 Offline

Threads: 41

It's a puzzle! ;D
I won't answer any questions but maybe somebody else here can help you.

10-01-2011, 07:33 PM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

(10-01-2011, 07:25 PM)Finska Wrote: Uhm, is that really that short or what? I got chased by a monster in that little maze full of doors. Then I got to a peaceful nature place and now I can't go anywhere... What to do?

Here's what you do

Spoiler below!
run and jump around in one spot until you see a trail of invisible footsteps come up to you, it will look like the water monster but on land and it won't hurt you. Then run over to the fountain making sure that the footsteps are still following you and then jump into the fountain, then the screen should fade to white and you'll see some text appear. After it goes back to the game, repeat this 2 or 3 more time's and then the sky will turn kind of grey and you'll pass out and move onto the next level.

Hope that helped!

Posting Freak
10-01-2011, 07:41 PM
Website Find
Finska Offline

(10-01-2011, 07:41 PM)kman Wrote:
(10-01-2011, 07:25 PM)Finska Wrote: Uhm, is that really that short or what? I got chased by a monster in that little maze full of doors. Then I got to a peaceful nature place and now I can't go anywhere... What to do?

Here's what you do

Spoiler below!
run and jump around in one spot until you see a trail of invisible footsteps come up to you, it will look like the water monster but on land and it won't hurt you. Then run over to the fountain making sure that the footsteps are still following you and then jump into the fountain, then the screen should fade to white and you'll see some text appear. After it goes back to the game, repeat this 2 or 3 more time's and then the sky will turn kind of grey and you'll pass out and move onto the next level.

Hope that helped!
Many thx, but now I'm angry to myself, because I was making commentary of this story and I forgot to save the game and I need to play those scary parts again Sad

Creeps, creeps everywhere...
10-01-2011, 08:12 PM
Find