Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Community input on my future project(s)
Acies Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 60
Community input on my future project(s)

Hi everyone!

I'm unsure of what to do next, but I have a lot of ideas. So I'm going to let the community decide this one. First of all I have a project which is running right now: Anthropomorphism [url]http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-8907.html[/url]

I'm unsure of what to do with it. Many teammembers have left and I feel that I have lost passion for the project. Its too much content to create for one man. This leaves me with two choices:
A. I continue this project later on
B. I cancel it and release all models in a thread
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What I want to do for my next project is really stuff which has not been seen yet; bending "the laws" of possibilities within custom stories so far.

As for my upcoming project I have two ideas:

- Start a new story namned "The Taskforce: V"
In a post apocalyptic society vampire infestations has become a large problem. The solution is the government's Taskforce named "V". You play the role of a vampire tracker, whom through the use of certain tools find and map vampire lairs. This would be released in chapters and the playtime of it all would be lesser than the following idea.

Stuff I have thought about:
- I want to make a setting mixed with futuristic/classic influences. It would create some really unique environments as the story would aim at not containing any amnesia content at all. Textures go a long way at creating environments, but it would gimp playtime.
- I want to make a trainstation and a rideable train. The opening scene would be really beautiful using this environment.
- I want to create a new unique lantern, which functions in a different way than the original one.
- Create a new hudsystem.
- New gameplay type: Instead of solving puzzles and running from monsters it is your job now to seek out the monsters. Environments should be traversable in many different ways, ergo reaching the lair in each environment could differ greatly dependent on player choice (using tools to climb surfaces, welder to cut your way through stuff etc).

- Start a new chapter of my first story "Belphegor".
Revamped and upgraded with my new skillset I would continue the saga of my first story; still having the same focus on rituals, demons and so forth. Story would be developed further too. This would allow me to freely play around a little more. I would have a base of models from the original game, but I would create new models at my own leisure. Belphegor would provide more content (=playtime) than the first idea, but would still feature some pretty cool stuff.

Stuff I have thought about:
- Grunts morphing into hellish creatures before your eyes (= new monsters). Using animations and "eye-trickery" I could make it possible to animate a grunt to morph into something more twisted.
- A big fat boss-fight. This would be "the boss-fight". Facing off with the demon Belphegor at the end, enormously large, he would smash platforms as you jump from one to the next to escape his hands. Finishing him off in some spectacular manner (ancient machinery perhaps).
- Choices driving you towards self-torture and dark deeds. This story is set to be a dark one and I will allow multiple choices at parts of the map - the most obvious one always being something evil where you sacrifice a part of yourself or someone else to progress further.

I'm really torn between both of these projects. Which one should I undertake?

[Image: mZiYnxe.png]

(This post was last modified: 10-04-2011, 01:26 PM by Acies.)
10-04-2011, 01:25 PM
Find
Khyrpa Offline

Threads: 10
RE: Community input on my future project(s)

mixed with futuristic/classic influences, unique environments, opening scene would be really beautiful.
My vote would go for that one. (plus new models released yay!)

10-04-2011, 02:10 PM
Find
Elven Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 37

Dont know about your new project but about old project - as much I would always love to say "Finish old one!!", if you do not want to do it or you dont have motivation, there is no point doing it. Least you can do is if there is progress, make some kind of ending and release it Smile.

The Interrogation
Chapter 1

My tutorials
10-04-2011, 02:56 PM
Find
palistov Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 67

I love how Anthropomorphism was going to focus around a single big-bad enemy. There are a few other stories that kinda did that but Anthropomorphism had and still has potential!

10-04-2011, 09:59 PM
Find
Acies Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 60

(10-04-2011, 09:59 PM)palistov Wrote: I love how Anthropomorphism was going to focus around a single big-bad enemy. There are a few other stories that kinda did that but Anthropomorphism had and still has potential!
It does have potential! You know very well of the status of it too, so many more maps to make in order to tie the story together.. Smile The sole reason I'm thinking about continuing is because of your contributions, a lot of time has been put into it.

[Image: mZiYnxe.png]

10-04-2011, 10:34 PM
Find
Elven Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 37

Question is tho, do you want? Will you finish it Smile? If you do not think so, you do not have motivation to finish it, then it is best to suspend it and work on something you want work on. But if you feel you want to finish it and you are motivated ENOUGH to finish it, GO FOR IT!

The Interrogation
Chapter 1

My tutorials
10-04-2011, 10:39 PM
Find