Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Taskforce: V - Progress thread [on hold]
Acies Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 60
Taskforce: V - Progress thread [on hold]

I have though about my next project and this is what I decided for. It doesn't contain much to "showcase" so far, except the idea itself (and some minor progress).

[Image: LZACs.jpg]
Fully sized:
http://i.imgur.com/LZACs.jpg

Members:
1. Acies --> Creator
2. Miss Rigi --> Voice actress
3. Spaceman --> Voice actor
4. Rayverak --> Voice actor
5. Palistov - Co-creator!

Thread guide:
1. Introduction
2. Progress

1. Introduction
"Taskforce: V"

In a post apocalyptic society vampire infestations have become a large problem. The solution is the government's taskforce named "V". You play the role of a vampire tracker, whom through the use of certain tools find and map vampire lairs. This will be released in chapters.

Stuff I have thought about:
- I want to make a setting mixed with futuristic/classic influences. It would create some really unique environments as the story would aim at not containing any amnesia content at all. Textures go a long way at creating environments, but it will gimp playtime.
- I want to make a trainstation and a rideable train. The opening scene would be really beautiful using this environment.
- I want to create a new unique lantern, which functions in a different way than the original one.
- Create a new hudsystem.
- New gameplay type: Instead of solving puzzles and running from monsters it is your job now to seek out the monsters. Environments should be traversable in many different ways, ergo reaching the lair in each environment could differ greatly dependent on player choice (using tools to climb surfaces, welder to cut your way through stuff etc).

2. Progress

2.1: The custom lantern entity. This is the first thing I have set out to create. I've familiarized myself with the original lantern entity and exported a "test-lantern" entity successfully. Currently I am modeling my own "lantern". As soon as it is "ready" I will upload a video of it in action. The lantern is almost done - at the modeling stages. Textures are also almost ready. Now it's a matter of sound, testing & finetunement.
2.2: The trainstation. I have started working on the trainstation. I have chosen some textures. Made a new wall. Made a trashcan. Made a bench. Made a concrete pillar. Made a brick pillar.
2.3: The Train. As viewers of my stream might have noticed I have modeled out the train. What's left now is to texture it and implement it in the game. I've done various fixups on the train. Now the UV map is really good, combined with some proportions adjustment.
2.4: Voice-actors. I have found two awesome voice-actors: Miss Rigi and Spaceman, who actually signed up on the forum just for the purpose of voice-acting for my story (yay!). So I have got that going for me.
2.5: Story. I have started on a simple manuscript as well as fleshed out a plot. This one is actually going to be story-rich. The plot is now somewhat organized. There has been chapter division combined with a well-defined part for each chapter.

2.6: Create another arm for animations. I'm currently trying to implement two arms. Now it's done! No longer shall the main character be considered a cripple with only a left arm!

[Image: mZiYnxe.png]

(This post was last modified: 01-09-2012, 06:46 PM by Acies.)
10-05-2011, 11:17 PM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25
RE: Taskforce: V - Progress thread

Based on how you described this in the other thread, you're either gonna need more people helping you with this or you're probably gonna end up spending over a year making it if you want to meet the expectations you set. Or in other words, I have a feeling this is gonna be the next white night Wink

Posting Freak
10-06-2011, 01:36 AM
Website Find
Acies Offline
Posting Freak

I'm going to keep this "small" - only creating a few maps for each chapter Smile Gameplay-wise it's not going to be a long one. Heh, I don't think I could handle all the "living up to peoples expectations" white night style - it's definately not in competition with that story. People are going to like it though! Wink

10-06-2011, 02:08 AM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

Lol I just thought that since the way you described it, it sounded like it was gonna be an entirely different game Tongue

Posting Freak
10-06-2011, 03:08 AM
Website Find
Acies Offline
Posting Freak

I have updated the thread with some progress reports as well as uploaded an image of the menu. It shows part of the first level: the trainstation.

It's still subject to change too!

10-17-2011, 05:06 AM
Find
Tenno Offline

Threads: 0

This sounds fantastic, looking forward to more screens, good luck Smile

[Image: 29069he.gif]
10-17-2011, 07:58 AM
Find
Elven Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 37

Nice, this has lots of potential! Good luck and make it awesome!

The Interrogation
Chapter 1

My tutorials
10-17-2011, 10:55 AM
Find
Miss Rigi Offline

Threads: 3

I keep on seeing the ':V' part of the name as a duck face. This is perplexing.

Vos rapio meus spiritus absentis.
Voice Actress
10-18-2011, 01:04 PM
Find
xtron Offline

Threads: 37

ooo yummy! can't wait to play it! ... if I dare :S

[Image: 44917299.jpg]Dubstep <3
10-18-2011, 02:14 PM
Find
Acies Offline
Posting Freak

(10-18-2011, 01:04 PM)Miss Rigi Wrote: I keep on seeing the ':V' part of the name as a duck face. This is perplexing.
Why did you tell me? Now I kind of do too. Smile

To everyone else:
Thanks for the encouragement. The release is still very far away though.

10-18-2011, 02:32 PM
Find