Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Moving a prop when entering an area
lolopon Offline

Threads: 5
Moving a prop when entering an area

Hi!

Ok so i want two knight armor statues to move when a player is exiting a script area.
What script am i to use? I searched the wiki page but didnt find something that seemed right.

Is there any function for moving a prop when i enter or exit an area?
10-09-2011, 03:16 PM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17
RE: Moving a prop when entering an area

Moving? Can you be more clear?

10-09-2011, 03:17 PM
Website Find
Khyrpa Offline

Threads: 10

armor statues are static entities, so to move them you can only set them to unactive and put another armor statue where you want it to appear as unactive and activate it when you unactivate the other...

Or you can use the model editor to give the statues physics and move them with prop force.

You might actually even need to change the statue in model editor to set it to unactive... I'm not sure

(This post was last modified: 10-09-2011, 03:22 PM by Khyrpa.)
10-09-2011, 03:20 PM
Find
lolopon Offline

Quote: Moving? Can you be more clear?
Ok, so the character is moving towards an altar with two knight armor statues next to it. When the player then walks away from the altar i want the statues to pop up infront of the player longer down the hallway.

Sorry if im bad at explaining but i want them to switch to another place simply put, from there original position. Now that i think of it, i could put two of them there to begin with and make them not active, and make them activate when i exit the script area, and make the 2 originals disapear when i exit. Am i thinking wrong? Im just wondering if there is a simplier way of doing it.
10-09-2011, 03:22 PM
Find
Khyrpa Offline

Threads: 10

Should do it if
CreateEntityAtArea
doesn't work

10-09-2011, 03:25 PM
Find
lolopon Offline

Ok thanks for the help!

So just to make things clear. There is no script to move an existing prop or entity to a new position without using physics to move it? Just to make it pop-up.

Alright, so while on this subject.
Now i want two spotlights to activate, pointed at the statues when they appear, how would i do this?
SetEntityActive wont work since the spotlights isn't entitys. So how can i turn on lights when exiting a script area?
(This post was last modified: 10-09-2011, 03:48 PM by lolopon.)
10-09-2011, 03:29 PM
Find