Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Paid] 3d Modeler available for work.
nestor818 Offline

Threads: 1
[Paid] 3d Modeler available for work.

Hi my name is Nestor Chavez and I have been a 3d modeler for 8 years with 3+ years of game industry experience.I have obtained a degree in 3d design from Los Angeles Mission College Institute of Multimedia Arts.I have done various freelance gigs such as prototyping for inventors, visualization rendering, game character modeling,animation and modeling in general for games.I am looking for paid work only, if you are interested and want to see some of my work please visit my website at NestorD3dModeler and/or contact me at nestor_c@yahoo.com.Thank you for your time and have a nice day.

note:My rates are reasonably negotiable.If you would like to discuss any work please shoot me an email instead of a PM.Please no feedback on my work, this post is just for job opportunities.

.jpg   BIGBRUTE_WIP2.jpg (Size: 265.58 KB / Downloads: 319)
.jpg   Velcan_highpoly.jpg (Size: 395.75 KB / Downloads: 338)
.jpg   Velcan_Faces.jpg (Size: 226.7 KB / Downloads: 260)
(This post was last modified: 10-09-2011, 06:03 PM by nestor818.)
10-09-2011, 05:45 PM
Find
Gamemakingdude Offline

Threads: 82
RE: [Paid] 3d Modeler available for work.

Why would we pay for an artist, when we have an free engine to make custom stories with? Its kinda pointless if we have to pay for money for a custom story that is free to play therefore your the only person whos gaining a profit. Wrong site my friend.

Rep if like me or im helpful or you love my stories!
Stephanos house
10-09-2011, 05:50 PM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72

(10-09-2011, 05:50 PM)Gamemakingdude Wrote: Why would we pay for an artist, when we have an free engine to make custom stories with? Its kinda pointless if we have to pay for money for a custom story that is free to play therefore your the only person whos gaining a profit. Wrong site my friend.
Agreed. There are people already on this site/forum that would help for free, only asking for the credit of making it. Like he said, the engine, the custom stories, and programs are free. It'd be a waste of money, no offense. Glad you know what you're doing though =\

10-09-2011, 08:05 PM
Find
palistov Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 67

Look at the quality of his work. Of course he's justified in asking for pay. Nothing else I've seen put forth in this community comes even close. And guys he's an artist... he's not offering to build an entire game engine for you, he's advertising his skills in 3D modelling.

10-09-2011, 09:06 PM
Find
Acies Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 60

(10-09-2011, 09:06 PM)palistov Wrote: Look at the quality of his work. Of course he's justified in asking for pay. Nothing else I've seen put forth in this community comes even close. And guys he's an artist... he's not offering to build an entire game engine for you, he's advertising his skills in 3D modelling.
What he said Smile

As a reply to the thread:
I don't think there is any demand for that at this forum, since noone does quality work to such extent. The mapping would have to be in class with the original game for it to match the model paid for. I do think it's cool that you're offering your services though ^^

[Image: mZiYnxe.png]

10-09-2011, 09:16 PM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32

The topic starter shouldn't expect anyone to take him up on his offer, as he is bound to charge a few hundred dollars for it. For a game that costs $20 and where a lot of people who create custom stories don't even have a job or won't even find it justified to put up a few hundred dollars for a mere custom story, one shouldn't expect anyone around here to make use of his services.

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
(This post was last modified: 10-09-2011, 10:25 PM by Your Computer.)
10-09-2011, 10:00 PM
Website Find
Kyle Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 36

(10-09-2011, 10:00 PM)Your Computer Wrote: The topic starter shouldn't expect anyone to take him up on his offer, as he is bound to charge a few hundred dollars for it. For a game that costs $20 and where a lot of people who create custom stories don't even have a job or won't even find it justified to put up a few hundred dollars for a mere custom story, one shouldn't expect anyone to around here to make use of his services.

Very good point...

10-09-2011, 10:01 PM
Find
nemesis567 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 65

What kind of payments do you request?

Today I dreamt the life I could live forever. You only know that when you feel it for you know not what you like until you've experienced it.
10-10-2011, 05:23 PM
Find
ZyLogicX Offline

Threads: 24

(10-09-2011, 10:00 PM)Your Computer Wrote: The topic starter shouldn't expect anyone to take him up on his offer, as he is bound to charge a few hundred dollars for it. For a game that costs $20 and where a lot of people who create custom stories don't even have a job or won't even find it justified to put up a few hundred dollars for a mere custom story, one shouldn't expect anyone around here to make use of his services.
That and the fact that I dont think a team of 20 employees would ever create their "original" game with this engine and publish it as a distibutable product. I am not even sure if thats allowed by Frictional Games' standards.

It would be better if the post starter signed up for some job at Spark Unlimited. http://www.sparkunlimited.com/jobs.html

This just isn't a place for you. We love creating custom stories or mods for Amnesia, but we have so much love for it because we try to do the best we can with the tools we have. (and when that succeeds, we are damn proud of ourselves, except Kyle, because he can do everything Tongue )

Beyond the Mountains of Madness [15%]
This forum is dying.
10-10-2011, 06:18 PM
Find
Hardarm Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 39

Quote: because he can do everything
he can also offend someone, yeh.

listen to boards of canada
10-10-2011, 06:52 PM
Website Find